Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:53:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705359 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: January 13, 2015, 01:12:31 AM »

'. . . he that shall drink of the water that I will give him, shall not thirst for ever: But the water that I will give him, shall become in him a fountain of water, springing up into life everlasting.'

John 4:13-14

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2015, 01:32:10 AM »

But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4 23-24

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: January 13, 2015, 01:35:15 AM »

Amen amen.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 14, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »

Trials and tribulation offer us a chance to make reparation for our past faults and sins. On such occasions the Lord comes to us like a physician to heal the wounds left by our sins. Tribulation is the divine medicine.
St. Augustine

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2015, 04:14:18 AM »

That's a truly splendid one!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: January 15, 2015, 04:16:35 AM »

'If you are in grace, love vigils, so that by your vigils you may guard your treasure and keep yourself in holiness. If you are in sin, hurry to be cleansed by watching and praying.'

St. Niceta of Remesiana

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: January 16, 2015, 06:48:59 AM »

'Rather ought every one to submit to death, than to receive the sacrament of communion from the hand of a heretic.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 17, 2015, 12:55:16 AM »

"If Christ did not want to dismiss the Jews without food in the desert for fear that they would collapse on the way, it was to teach us that it is dangerous to try to get to Heaven without the bread of Heaven."
Saint Jerome

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: January 18, 2015, 08:25:17 AM »

'I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them whom thou hast given me: because they are thine: And all my things are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.'

John 17:9-10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: January 19, 2015, 03:09:28 AM »

'For what is the ascetic life but mastery of the passions, control of thoughts and unrelenting wrestling against invisible foes? And how should these things not afflict the flesh? But this slight momentary affliction of ours, as it is written, is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory, beyond all measure, because our aim is not what can be seen but what cannot be seen.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: January 20, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »

'How can you, by love, make your own the sufferings of our sweet Jesus? God will teach you how when it pleases Him, for He alone can do so. The soul inflamed with the love of God, without distraction, in pure and simple faith, suddenly finds herself, when God pleases, penetrated with the sufferings of Jesus; in a glance of faith she sees them all, without understanding; for the Passion of Our Saviour is a labor of love, and the soul thus lost in God, Who is all charity, all love, makes of herself a fount of love and sorrow.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: January 21, 2015, 09:53:52 PM »

'It is therefore an indispensable obligation for all Catholics who are eager to prove that they are true sons of Holy Mother the Church to adhere to the holy faith of the Fathers, to preserve it, to die for it, and, on the other hand, to detest the profane novelties of profane men, to dread them, to harass them, and to attack them.'

St. Vincent of Lerins

whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 21, 2015, 11:53:28 PM »

Amen, my brother! angry red sword fight sword fight sword fight cross prayer cross prayer :principalities: :principalities:

Let nothing disturb you
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: January 21, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »

Hahaha! Fighting the good fight!

sword fight    soldier   soldier   soldier

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: January 26, 2015, 07:18:17 AM »

'St Francis of Assisi, on seeing a lamb, would begin to weep, saying, "My Lord like a lamb was led to death for me."'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: January 28, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »

'I advise you to have recourse to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ, if you want to conquer your enemies and obtain the strength and consolation you need; He will not refuse you this help, if you ask it of Him.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: