Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705377 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: June 20, 2016, 03:39:58 AM »

'When I placed before Him my humble petitions regarding those things that seem difficult to obtain (concerning the devotion to the Sacred Heart), I seemed to hear these words:

"Dost thou believe that I can do this? If thou dost believe thou shall behold the omnipotence of My Heart in the magnificence of My love."

As I watch its steady progress I hear those other words: "Did I not indeed tell thee, that if thou couldst believe, thou shouldst see thy desires accomplished?"'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #881 on: June 22, 2016, 06:05:41 PM »

'While in bed I will turn my heart toward the nearest church, to think about our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, asking the angels to watch for me so that, while I do God's will in sleeping, my heart may keep vigil.'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #882 on: June 23, 2016, 06:41:29 AM »

'Nature and grace cannot subsist together in the same heart. The one must always make room for the other.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #883 on: June 24, 2016, 07:40:09 AM »

'How austere and implacable he [St. John the Baptist] is! Jesus has not yet come, but look how Saint John prepares the way for Him! how he inspires contrition through repentance; how he heralds the coming of Jesus! How he leads to Jesus! How he decreases before Jesus! Debeo a te baptizari . . . '

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #884 on: June 25, 2016, 06:33:34 AM »

'There is nothing the devil fears so much, or so much tries to hinder, as prayer.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #885 on: June 28, 2016, 01:39:01 AM »

'A woman does not acquire a man's dignity by having her head uncovered but rather loses her own. Her shame and reproach thus derive from her desire to be like a man as well as from her actions.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #886 on: June 29, 2016, 03:44:55 PM »

'Brethren and Fathers, just as the hungry long to eat and the thirsty to drink, so we should be enthusiastic to listen to the word of God. For by listening we gain the greatest benefits. If we are slothful, we put away sloth; if we are eager, we become even more eager; and from both the outcome is good.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #887 on: July 01, 2016, 04:25:50 AM »

'Blessed the one who has not been worsted by the passion of despondency like a coward, but has found perfect endurance, by which all the Saints received their crowns.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #888 on: July 02, 2016, 04:24:34 PM »

'This divine Heart is a fortress and a sure refuge for all who would take shelter therein, to avoid the strokes of Divine Justice.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #889 on: July 03, 2016, 07:13:25 AM »

'A learned author says that the priest who celebrates in the state of sin is guilty, as it were, of murdering before the eyes of the eternal Father His Own Son.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #890 on: July 04, 2016, 09:12:20 AM »

'It ordinarily happens that God permits those who judge others, to fall into the same or even greater faults.'

St. Vincent Ferrer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #891 on: July 04, 2016, 11:24:21 AM »

'He who has disciplined his body and dwells in a state of spiritual knowledge finds that through this knowledge he is purified still further.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #892 on: July 05, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »

'One must not think that a person who is suffering is not praying. He is offering up his sufferings to God, and many a time he is praying much more truly than one who goes away by himself and meditates his head off, and, if he has squeezed out a few tears, thinks that is prayer.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #893 on: July 06, 2016, 05:46:51 PM »

'O virgins, know you this, that while you retain your Virginity you are ever accompanied with Angels. Not so is it with her who is married, and is joined in matrimony. Knowest thou not that the merit of the virgin is said to be one hundred, and the merit of the married woman thirty, and of the widow sixty? Seest thou by how much the virgin doth exceed the other estates? O virgins be wise to maintain yourselves as you are; flee the sight of man!'

St. Bernardine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #894 on: July 08, 2016, 08:28:55 AM »

'Consider the ignorance of men who wish to come to the Father without following Christ, since they expect to reign with God without suffering or imitating his Passion, yea without even a thought of accepting any part of his suffering and Death, or of thanking Him for it. They want it to procure for them the pleasures of this life as well of eternal life, while Christ their Creator has suffered the most bitter pains and torments in order to enter heaven and to show them by his example how they are to find the way of light.'

Our Lady to Ven. Mary of Agreda

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #895 on: July 09, 2016, 11:14:31 AM »

'Oh, what unfathomable goodness! And oh, what an incomparable gift! How then can we fail to love him? How fail to cherish him? How fail to cling to him unceasingly? So that if we were not so disposed, heaven would instantly cry out against us, earth would groan, the very stones would condemn our utter insensibility.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: