Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2017, 09:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 161846 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1105 on: February 16, 2017, 01:42:55 AM »

'According to St. Bonaventure, all the angels in heaven unceasingly call out to her: "Holy, holy, holy Mary, Virgin Mother of God." They greet her countless times each day with the angelic greeting, "Hail, Mary", while prostrating themselves before her, begging her as a favour to honour them with one of her requests. According to St. Augustine, even St. Michael, though prince of all the heavenly court, is the most eager of all the angels to honour her and lead others to honour her. At all times he awaits the privilege of going at her word to the aid of one of her servants.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1106 on: February 17, 2017, 08:12:56 AM »

'Even as the hart desireth after the fountains of waters: so doth my soul desire after thee O God.'

Psalm 41:2

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1107 on: February 20, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »

'A heretic is cut off from the true and living God and joined with the devil and his angels. Alienated even from Christ, he no longer has God to whom he can pray for his sins, and so perishes utterly. But if he is converted to the true Catholic faith of the holy Church he is accepted by our good and loving Saviour Christ, the Son who is ever in the Father with the Holy Spirit. To him be the glory unto the ages of ages. Amen.'

St. Agathon

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: February 21, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »

'Knowledge of what is good for him has been given to every-one by God; but self-indulgence leads to negligence, and negligence to forgetfulness.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1109 on: February 24, 2017, 08:32:15 AM »

'God could in in no wise permit the kind of evil out of which He could not bring good.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1110 on: February 25, 2017, 01:02:34 AM »

'The intellect receives impassioned conceptual images in three ways: through the senses, through the body's condition and through the memory. It receives them through the senses when the senses themselves receive impressions from things in relation to which we have acquired passion, and when these things stir up impassioned thoughts in the intellect; through the body's condition when, as a result either of an undisciplined way of life, or of the activity of demons, or of some illness, the balance of elements in the body is disturbed and again the intellect is stirred to impassioned thoughts or to thoughts contrary to providence; through the memory when the memory recalls the conceptual images of things in relation to which we were once made passionate, and so stirs up impassioned thoughts in a similar way.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1111 on: February 27, 2017, 03:27:00 AM »

'When self-will and ease become habitual, they overthrow a man.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1112 on: February 28, 2017, 08:49:17 AM »

'One day, when the weather was extremely cold, I wished to make a fire. I went to the woods to pick up some dry branches, which had been exposed to the air for a long time. In a moment I had a big fire. Why? Because for a long time the wood had been exposed to the cold, the frost, the wind, and the sun, and had thus lost its dampness. So it is with us: if we wish our hearts to become inflamed with divine love, we must permit ourselves to be purified by suffering, humbly and resignedly, temptations, trials, persecutions, tribulations. Oh! being then well cleansed, divine love will possess us.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1113 on: March 01, 2017, 02:51:58 AM »

'I guard you in advance against beasts in the form of men, whom you must not only not receive, but if it is possible not even meet, but only pray for them, if perchance they may repent, difficult though that be -- but Jesus Christ who is our true life has the power over this.'

St. Ignatius of Antioch

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1114 on: March 02, 2017, 01:14:00 AM »

'They who make a sacrilegious Communion receive Satan and Jesus Christ into their hearts - Satan, that they may let him rule, and Jesus Christ, that they may offer Him in sacrifice as a Victim to Satan.'

St. Cyril of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1115 on: March 03, 2017, 01:20:47 AM »

'He alone suffices to my heart and my soul, which desires nothing save to rest quite simply in His divine presence, without making any other acts than those of love. It is thus that I frequently spend whole days: they are never long enough to love my God.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1116 on: March 04, 2017, 06:33:12 AM »

'Brethren and fathers, the season of Lent, when compared to the whole year, may be likened to a storm-free harbour, in which all who are sailing together enjoy a spiritual calm.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1117 on: March 05, 2017, 03:37:16 AM »

"Who is to be called a Christian? He who confesses the doctrine of Christ and His Church. Hence, he is truly a Christian thoroughly condemns and detests, the Jewish, Mohammedan, and the heretical cults and sects."

St. Peter Canisius

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1118 on: March 06, 2017, 02:15:28 AM »

'If we would advance in virtue, we must not neglect little things, for they pave the way to greater.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1119 on: March 07, 2017, 06:45:17 AM »

'Avoid the heretic, after a first and second correction, knowing that such a man is subverted and sins, since he is condemned by his own judgment.'

Titus 3, 10-11

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1120 on: March 08, 2017, 02:16:45 AM »

'To attain the knowledge of God is impossible for those who are still under the control of their passions. Therefore they cannot attain the salvation they hope for as they have not obtained any knowledge of God.

He who fails to attain this end is clearly subject to the charge of being ignorant of God, and ignorance of God is shown by a man's manner of life.'

St. Clement of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1121 on: March 09, 2017, 02:13:44 AM »

'It is dangerous to live among bad persons; it is harmful to be surrounded by those with perverse wills. You will feed yourself on their infamy if you associate with the undignified. It is better to suffer the hatred of evil persons than their company. Analogously, just as much good comes from the lives of the saints, much evil comes from the lives of bad persons, for those who touch what is filthy become contaminated.'

St. Isidore of Seville

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: