Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Prayer Requests  |  Topic: ~ Novena to St. Dominic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: ~ Novena to St. Dominic  (Read 19409 times)
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 02:20:41 AM »

O light of the Church, teacher of truth, rose of patience, ivory of chastity. You freely poured forth the waters of wisdom. Preacher of grace, unite us with the blessed.
Blessed father Dominic, pray for us (alleluia), that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ (alleluia).
Let us pray:
Grant, we beseech thee Almighty God, that we, who are weighed down by the burden of our sins, may be relieved through the patronage of the blessed Dominic, Your confessor, and our father. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
crucifix

St. Dominic, pray for us....

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 03:49:03 AM »

O light of the Church, teacher of truth, rose of patience, ivory of chastity. You freely poured forth the waters of wisdom. Preacher of grace, unite us with the blessed.
Blessed father Dominic, pray for us (alleluia), that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ (alleluia).
Let us pray:
Grant, we beseech thee Almighty God, that we, who are weighed down by the burden of our sins, may be relieved through the patronage of the blessed Dominic, Your confessor, and our father. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
crucifix

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015, 05:33:42 AM »

cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »

Let us pray:
crucifix

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 06:16:22 AM »

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 03:37:06 AM »

Let us pray:
crucifix

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2015, 06:04:20 AM »

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2015, 05:05:32 AM »

Let us pray:

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 11:48:06 PM »

Let us pray:
crucifix

St. Dominic, pray for us.

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2015, 03:14:27 AM »

Let us pray:
 crucifix

St. Dominic, pray for us.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2015, 01:25:22 AM »

St. Dominic

Beloved Father Dominic, you followed in the footsteps of the poor Christ as a humble "watchdog of the Lord" preaching by day and praying by night.  Like Jesus, you converted sinners, healed the sick and raised the dead to life.  To teach sound doctrine you founded an order of preachers and doctors.  To exemplify heroic charity and self-sacrifice you raided up an army of martyrs.  To perpetuate prayer in the Church you raised up a legion of cloistered nuns.  Gentle Father, obtain for me the grace to live and die a loyal, practicing Catholic and grant me the favor I now ask
(name petition).
Good Father Dominic, help me!

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2015, 01:32:04 AM »

NOVENA TO ST DOMINIC

First Day:

The Force of Good Example
He shone in his days as the morning star, in the midst of a cloud, and as the moon at the full; and as the sun, when it shines, so did he shine in the temple of God. (Sirach 50:6,7)
LUMEN ECCLESIÆ - LIGHT OF THE CHURCH
St. Dominic was born in Spain in 1170. With the dawn of reason his whole soul turned to God. His childhood was most pious and his youth angelic in purity. In the University of Palencia he was the model student. At twenty-five he became a canon regular at Osma, and with the religious habit he put on the Lord Jesus and strove in all things to imitate Him. His time was divided into prayer, study of Scripture, and community duties. Silence and retirement were his delight; works of penance and tears of contrition his meat and drink. Going in 1205 to France, he spent many years in every kind of labor for the conversion of the Albigensian heretics. Like Jesus Christ he passed the day in apostolic work, the night in prayer. His penance was extreme, but to others he was gentle, sweet, and kind. Many were converted by his miracles, many by the example of his holy life. Six times he journeyed to Rome, once to Spain, once to Paris, walking barefoot, praying or singing on the road; preaching in the towns and villages, spending the nights in contemplation. He founded in 1215 the Order of Friars Preachers for the conversion of souls. He was a man of truly apostolic heart, a column of the Faith, a trumpet of the Gospel, the light of Christ to men. He died at Bologna in 1221.Pray for us, blessed father, St. Dominic,That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray, O most enlightened teacher of divine truth, Holy Father St. Dominic, who taught what was profitable for salvation and made yourself all things to all men, that you might win all to Christ; help us to close our ears and hearts to all false doctrine and whatever may be harmful to our souls and to open them joyfully to the truths of Holy Church. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2015, 01:34:26 AM »

NOVENA TO ST DOMINIC

Second Day:

Humility
Your attitude must be that of Christ: Though he was in the form of God, he did not deem equality with God something to be grasped at. Rather, he emptied himself and took the form of a slave, being born in the likeness of men. He was known to be of human estate, and it was thus that he humbled himself, obediently accepting even death, death on a cross! (Philippians 2:5-8)
DOCTOR VERITATIS - DOCTOR OF TRUTH
Humility is the foundation of perfection, and in St. Dominic it was deep and strong. So clear was his knowledge of the great majesty of God and his own nothingness that he lived always in holy fear and self-distrust. Though most innocent, he considered himself to be a sinner, unworthy of the least grace. Constantly he prostrated himself before God, praying for long periods of time.Before entering a town to preach, he used to kneel down on the road, begging God not to punish the people for his sins but to make his labor fruitful. When passing an altar or crucifix he would bow profoundly, in token of his nothingness. Praise and honor he detested, and three times refused the bishopric. At the General Chapter he said to his brethren, “I deserve to be deposed from my office, for I am negligent and relaxed.” When asked where he would be buried, “Under the feet of my brethren,” the saint responded.The saints, though great in virtue, look upon themselves as worthless, because they see themselves in the light of God, and knowing Him they know themselves. “Our righteousness,” St. Dominic would say, “when compared to the righteousness of God, is mere uncleanness.”Learn of me, for I am meek and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:29)Pray for us, blessed father, St. Dominic,That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray, O Holy Father St. Dominic, true lover of humility, the greater you appeared in the sight of men, the more you humbled yourself before God. Be to us a loving guide, that, following in your footsteps we may be enabled to withstand all the snares of the enemy, and spending our lives in earnest prayer, self-denial and humility, we may, at the hour of death, be received with you into heaven. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2015, 02:07:15 AM »

Amen!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Prayer Requests  |  Topic: ~ Novena to St. Dominic « previous next »
Jump to: