Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238838 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1920 on: January 23, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »

Principium sapientiae, posside sapientiam; et in omni possessione tua acquire prudentiam.

The beginning of wisdom, possess wisdom, and in all thy possession purchase prudence:

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1921 on: January 23, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »

'A prudent man is one who sees as it were from afar, for his sight is keen, and he foresees the event of uncertainties.'

St. Isidore of Seville

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1922 on: January 25, 2016, 07:32:57 AM »

'When faith grows weak, all virtues are weakened. When faith is lost, all virtues are lost.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 27, 2016, 07:56:34 AM »

"Men will surrender to the spirit of the age. They will say that if they had lived in our day, faith would be simple and easy. But in their day, they will say, things are complex; the Church must be brought up to date and made meaningful to the day's problems."

--Saint Anthony (ca. 251-356)

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 27, 2016, 07:59:48 AM »

"Men will surrender to the spirit of the age. They will say that if they had lived in our day, faith would be simple and easy. But in their day, they will say, things are complex; the Church must be brought up to date and made meaningful to the day's problems."

--Saint Anthony (ca. 251-356)

John XXIII and Paul VI with the Vatican II Counsel surrendered to the spirit of the age ... so did their modernist church.  Sigh!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 31, 2016, 05:18:21 PM »

•“For all the gods of the Gentiles are devils: but the Lord made the heavens.” (Ps 95:5)
•“Adore not any strange god. The Lord his name is Jealous, he is a jealous God.” (Ex 34:14)
•“Turn ye not to idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods. I am the Lord your God.” (Lev 19:4)
•“I will destroy your high places, and break your idols. You shall fall among the ruins of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.” (Lev 26:30)
•“Thou shalt not have strange gods in my sight.” (Deut 5:7)
•“Overthrow their altars, and break down their statues, burn their groves with fire, and break their idols in pieces: destroy their names out of those places.” (Deut 12:3)

The Assisi Prayer Meetings of the modernists Church is an abomination.  The teaching of the modernist Church of false ecumenism and religious liberty goes against the First Commandment and is leading gullible souls into hell.  I fear for those in the modernist Church whose ignorance is not invincible.  People with a Catholic sense know that false ecumenism and religious liberty is gravely wrong and that the modernist Church is eclipsing the Catholic Church and ruining souls with its Modernism.  How can you be saved if you die in a false religion and are not invincibly ignorant?  You can't.  Live and die in the true Church of Jesus Christ, the Roman Catholic Church--and not in a false religion that promotes humanistic Freemasonic Modernism (e.g. false ecumenism and religious liberty).  God bless you all.  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:34:01 PM by Therese » Logged

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 01, 2016, 12:40:52 AM »

We are not innocent before God if we punish that which we should pardon, or pardon that which we should punish.                                   

~ St. Bernard

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 01, 2016, 09:02:23 AM »

"Persecutions serve to bring forth saints."

--Saint Augustine (354-430)

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 01, 2016, 09:03:55 AM »

Man receives the forgiveness of sins before Baptism in so far as he has Baptism of desire, explicitly or implicitly.

--St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica

The following does a good job of explaining the above:

Q. If a person lived a decent, noble and moral life as judged by Catholic Faith beliefs and standards, yet was not a Christian or a Catholic and may, for the sake of discussion, be a non-believer, would this person be denied Heaven? A. To gain eternal salvation, it is not always required that a person be incorporated in fact as a member of the Church, but it is required that he belong to it at least in desire and longing [in voto]. It is not always necessary that this desire be explicit as it is with catechumens. When a man is invincibly ignorant, God also accepts an implicit desire, so called because it is contained in the good disposition of soul by which a man wants his will to be conformed to God's will.

- Letter of the Holy Office to the Archbishop of Boston, August 8, 1949

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:22:13 AM by Therese » Logged

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 01, 2016, 09:04:57 AM »

"Even if there were only one person left who held the right Catholic Faith, there would be the Catholic Church."

--Ven. Anne Catherine Emmerick (1774-1824)

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 01, 2016, 09:07:13 AM »

"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."

--Pope St. Felix III

What cowards people today are, many of whom call themselves "Catholic."  How many of them go along with error and sin in doing so?  Not to oppose error is to approve it and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less sin than to encourage them, says the holy Pope Felix III.

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 01, 2016, 09:52:17 AM »

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, they shall have their portion in the pool burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Apoc 21:8 )

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1932 on: February 01, 2016, 11:54:01 PM »

'Great graces are often attached to what seems trifling.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

I am curious as to what folks think these seemingly trifling things might be!

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 02, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »

'Great graces are often attached to what seems trifling.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

I am curious as to what folks think these seemingly trifling things might be!

Picking up a piece of thread from the floor for the love of God when nobody else does it.  It is trifling, yet not really; for there are great graces attached to doing this little thing/act for the love of God.  There are great graces attached to doing little things with great love of God.

"The best perfection is to do ordinary things in a perfect manner. Constant fidelity in little things is a great and heroic virtue."

--Saint Bonaventure (1221-1274)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:23:44 PM by Therese » Logged

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: February 03, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."

- Saint Augustine (354-430)

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: February 03, 2016, 06:24:58 PM »

I added a relevant quote to my last post, post 1933. 

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: