Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:20:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238874 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2080 on: July 04, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »

'If man clearly saw that by well-doing he could gain eternal life, and could imagine how great the happiness of heaven will be, he would always persevere in good; and even should he live until the end of the world, he would never occupy his memory, intellect, or will on any but celestial things. . . On the other hand, if man could know how greatly he must suffer hereafter for his sins, hold it for certain that for very fear he would not only abandon all things, but that he would not commit the smallest sin.'

St. Catherine of Genoa

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2081 on: July 05, 2016, 10:19:30 AM »

'And all the days of thy life have God in thy mind: and take heed thou never consent to sin, nor transgress the commandments of the Lord our God.'

Tobais 4:6

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2082 on: July 06, 2016, 12:28:32 AM »

'When you hear the words of Scripture, "Thou shalt render to every man according to his work" (Ps. 62:12. LXX), do not think that God bestows blessings when something is done for the wrong purpose, even though it seems be good. Quite clearly He bestows blessings only when something is done for the right purpose. For God's judgment looks not at the actions but at the purpose behind them.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2083 on: July 06, 2016, 10:59:52 AM »

'It costs little to tell God we love Him when He is showering favors upon us; it is in the midst of the tempest that we must cry out to Him like Job: "Although He should kill me, I will trust Him."'

St. Peter Julian Eymard

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2084 on: July 07, 2016, 08:38:58 AM »

'Nulla dies sine linea: Do not let a day pass without doing some good during it.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2085 on: July 08, 2016, 07:49:13 AM »

'Everyone baptized in the orthodox manner has received mystically the fullness of grace; but he becomes conscious of this grace only to the extent that he actively observes the commandments.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2086 on: July 09, 2016, 11:14:11 AM »

'We must not belong to God by halves; as God gives Himself entirely to the soul He loves, so does He desire to possess the soul's entire love.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2087 on: July 10, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »

'In storms and squalls we need a pilot, and in this present life we need prayer; for we are susceptible to the provocations of our thoughts, both good and bad. If our thought is full of devotion and love of God, it rules over the passions.'

St. Isaiah the Solitary

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2088 on: July 11, 2016, 10:53:01 AM »

'Prayer ought to be humble, fervent, resigned, persevering, and accompanied with great reverence. One should consider that he stands in the presence of a God, and speaks with a Lord before whom the angels tremble from awe and fear.'

St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: July 12, 2016, 02:03:12 PM »

'Patience is necessary for the servant of God, and we must not be distressed at trouble, but wait for consolation.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2090 on: July 12, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »

'Perfume is not to be found in mud, nor the fragrance of love in the soul of a rancorous man.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 12, 2016, 06:44:16 PM »

Amen !

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2092 on: July 13, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »

Amen!  Cheesy

'Every one should try to have his heart always occupied and filled with God, to love Him and think of Him only, and whether alone or with others never to be out of His presence.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2093 on: July 14, 2016, 02:04:37 PM »

'The wicked man easily suspects the virtue of others; as those who have vertigo believe that everything is turning around them.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2094 on: July 15, 2016, 04:42:09 AM »

'Let us carry our crosses with love; let us see that they do not become a burden to others, but let us help others carry theirs.'

St. John Bosco

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2095 on: July 16, 2016, 02:44:21 AM »

'My heart breaks when I think of the sorrows of the most holy Virgin.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: