Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238608 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2064 on: June 18, 2016, 01:00:52 AM »

'If any one thought to sweeten the vast waters of the sea with one drop of fresh water, would he not be justly regarded as a fool? So also the man who thinks or hopes to do any good without the help of God grievously deceives himself. If he claims any good as his own, God will not fail to humble and confound him; such a man could never become the Lord's instrument, nor accomplish great things for His glory.'

St. Paul of the Cross

I think this quote goes quite well along with the last one.  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2065 on: June 19, 2016, 01:25:34 AM »

'It is surprising that most Christians look upon decorum and politeness as merely human and worldly qualities and do not think of raising their minds to any higher views by considering them as virtues that have reference to God, to their neighbor, and to themselves. This illustrates very well how little true Christianity is found in the world and how few among those who live in the world are guided by the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Still, it is this Spirit alone which ought to inspire all our actions, making them holy and agreeable to God.'

St. Jean Baptiste de la Salle

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2066 on: June 20, 2016, 03:42:09 AM »

'A helpful word indicates an understanding mind; a good action reveals a saint-like soul.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2067 on: June 21, 2016, 05:27:19 AM »

'When the Arimathean lifted You, lifeless from the Cross, O Lord of Life, he anointed You, O Christ, with myrrh, and wrapped You in a shroud. He was moved by heartfelt love to kiss your body not subject to decay; but was restrained by fear, and rejoicing, he cried out to You: "Glory to Your condescension, O Lover of Mankind."'

from the Vespers of Great and Holy Friday

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2068 on: June 22, 2016, 04:21:44 AM »

'Cast yourself often into His arms or into His divine Heart, and abandon yourself to all His designs upon you.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2069 on: June 23, 2016, 06:39:24 AM »

'The feast of the Blessed Sacrament is the feast of love. Oh, what great love! What immense charity! The moth is drawn to the light, and burns itself in it. May your soul likewise draw near to the divine light! May it be reduced to ashes in that sacred flame, particularly during this great and sweet octave of Corpus Christi.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2070 on: June 24, 2016, 02:43:32 AM »

'When God wishes, He becomes fire, burning up every coarse passion that has taken root in the soul. "For our God is a consuming fire" (Dt. 4:24; Heb. 12:29). When He wishes, He becomes an inexpressible and mysterious rest so that the soul may find rest in God's rest. When He wishes, he becomes joy and peace, cherishing and protecting the soul.'

St. Macarius the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2071 on: June 25, 2016, 01:51:43 AM »

'Let us despise gold, silver, jewels, and all that the blind and cheated world vainly and ignorantly prizes.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2072 on: June 26, 2016, 04:40:58 AM »

'If you speak to Jesus about Himself, He in His turn will speak about you. Your heart will expand under the rays of the Sun of goodness as does the moist dew-kissed flower in the early morn of springtime. His sweet voice will pierce your soul. Then you will hearken to Him in silence and peace, or rather in the sweet working of love. You will live in Him!'

St. Peter Julian Eymard

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2073 on: June 27, 2016, 06:20:45 AM »

'Holy men are able to look even now upon their Creator by the grace of contemplation.'

St. Peter Damian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2074 on: June 28, 2016, 10:27:07 AM »

'I call consolation every increase of faith, hope, and charity, all interior joy which summons and animates man to desire heavenly things, and to wish for his soul's salvation; in fine, all that which, brings to it repose and peace in its Lord and Maker.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2075 on: June 29, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »

'Ask Jesus to make you a saint. After all, only He can do that. Go to confession regularly and to Communion as often as you can.'

St. Dominic Savio

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2076 on: June 29, 2016, 06:07:49 PM »

'Let everything in creation draw you to God. Refresh your mind with some innocent recreation and needful rest, if it were only to saunter through the garden or the fields, listening to the sermon preached by the flowers, the trees, the meadows, the sun, the sky, and the whole universe. You will find that they exhort you to love and praise God; that they excite you to extol the greatness of the Sovereign Architect Who has given them their being.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2077 on: June 30, 2016, 09:32:10 AM »

'What, am I not sufficient for thee, I Who am thy beginning and thy last end?'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2078 on: July 02, 2016, 02:34:15 AM »

'When we have handled something fragrant, our hands perfume whatever they touch, let our prayers pass through the Blessed Virgin's hands, and she will give them fragrance.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2079 on: July 03, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »

'For God is not unjust, that he should forget your work, and the love which you have shewn in his name, you who have ministered, and do minister to the saints.'

Hebrews 6:10

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: