Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238919 times)
Gabriel Marie Josef Anton

1 Soul, 1 Life, 1 Chance. Choose Life Not Death.

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 18, 2016, 04:18:38 AM »

crucifix Peace be with you. crucifix

crucifix The Value of Time. crucifix

We are told in Holy Scripture to be careful of time, which is the most precious thing and the greatest gift that God bestows upon living man. Time is a treasure which can be found in this life alone; it is to be found neither in Heaven or Hell.

And you, my brother, how are you spending the time? And for what reason do you put off until tomorrow that which you can do today? Remember that the time which is already pass away is no longer yours; the future is not in your power; the present time alone you have for doing good.

There is nothing that is more precious than time, but yet there is nothing less valued, and more despised by men of the world. This is what St. Bernard deplores, when he says, "The days of salvation pass away, and no one reflects that the day which has passed away from him can never return."

That gambler will be seen to waste both day and night in play; if he is asked what he is doing, he answers, "We are passing away the time." Another idler will be seen to loiter about the streets, for whole hours together, looking at those who pass by, either speaking of wicked, or else about useless things; if he is asked what he is doing, he answers, " I am passing away the time."

Poor, blind ones! who are wasting so many days, but days that will never return.

O despised time, thou wilt be the thing most desired by the worldly at the time of death. They will desire one more year, one more month, one more day; but they will not have it, they will then hear it declared, that "time shall be no longer."

Nevertheless, the prophet bids us remember God, and observe His Grace before the light shall fail, "Remember now your Creator...while the sun or the light... be not darkened." How it distresses a pilgrim when he finds out that he has wandered from the right way, and it is already night, and there is no longer time to get back to the right path. This will be the Distress when death comes to him, of him who has lived for many years in the world, but who has not spent those years in Loving God, "The night cometh, when no man can work." Death will be to him the time of night, when he will be able to do nothing.

His conscience will then remind him of the time he has had, and how he has spent it in the ruin of his soul; the many calls and graces that he has received from God to become holy, and yet was not willing to profit by all this, and then he will behold the way of doing any good closed against him. Then will he Weep and say, "Oh, fool that I have been! Oh, Time forever Lost! Oh, Wasted life! Oh, years that are lost in which I could have become holy, but I did not do so, and now there is no longer time to become holy."

But what will these lamentations and sighs avail, when his life's scene is forever closing, the lamp is well nigh spent, and the dying man is drawing near to that last moment upon which his eternity depends?

Little Angel St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori. Little Angel

crucifix God Bless you. crucifix

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:36:13 AM by Gabriel Marie Josef Anton » Logged

Cultivate Virtuous Habits each Day to Live a Virtuous Life.
Virtuous Habits are 1 Pray the Holy Rosary. 2 Read your Bible, and Holy Books. 3 Go to Holy Mass. 4 Absorb Light.  5 Repel Darkness. 6 Fast for Self-Denial. 7 Love Jesus and Mary. 8 Read Mary's Messages. 9 Prepare for Death. 10 Know Time.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2209 on: October 19, 2016, 02:02:16 AM »

'The Eucharist is the supreme proof of the love of Jesus. After this, there is nothing more but Heaven itself.'

St. Peter Julian Eymard

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 19, 2016, 05:22:49 AM »

crucifix Peace be with you.crucifix

crucifix This Dark Hour, Right now, Currently.crucifix

On one occasion, when Father Theophilus insisted that the devil should depart and return to hell, the devil replied in a growling tone: "How can you banish me to hell? I must be free to prepare the way for the Antichrist." And again he spoke out of the possessed woman: "We know a lot. We read the signs of the times. This is the last century. When people will write the year 2000 the end will be at hand."

Whether the "father of lies," as our Lord Himself styles Satan, spoke the truth, it is impossible to judge. At all events, we shall do well if according to our Lord's suggestion, we try to understand the signs of the times. That the powers of hell are putting up a desperate attempt to ruin the Church of Christ in our own times cannot be denied.

At one time the evil spirits howled and yelped fearfully when the prayers of exorcism were solemnly pronounced and when the blessings with the relic of the cross and the consecrated Host were given: "Oh, we cannot bear it any longer. We suffer intensely. Do stop it, do stop it! This is many times worse than hell!" These groans, indicating the attendant pain and suffering, cut to the quick.

Some things that happened during the Earling, Iowa Exorcism in 1928.

“I knew that Lucifer will be unchained for some time: fifty or sixty years before the year 2000 of Christ, if I do not err. Some demons instead are to be loosened before that epoch in order to castigate and exterminate the worldly. Some of them were unleashed in our days; others will be soon.

Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824)

Russia, the Scourge of God

"Tell them, Father, that many times the Most Holy Virgin told my cousins Francisco and Jacinta, as well as myself, that many nations will disappear from the face of the earth. She said that Russia will be the instrument of chastisement chosen by Heaven to punish the whole world if we do not beforehand obtain the conversion of that poor nation."

(Notice, Russia got no weapons powerful enough in 1917 to make many nations disappear but Now Russia has Nukes. Russia was called USSR during the Cold War, not Russia. But now Russia is called Russia with Nukes. That Prophecy was referring to this Current Time, Right Now.)

Last Times

"Father, the Most Holy Virgin did not tell me that we are in the last times of the world, but She made me understand this for three reasons."

The Final Battle

"The first reason is because She told me that the devil is in the mood for engaging in a decisive battle against the Virgin. And a decisive battle is the final battle where one side will be victorious and the other side will suffer defeat. Also, from now on we must choose sides. Either we are for God or we are for the devil. There is no other possibility."

The Last Remedies

"The second reason is because She said to my cousins as well as to myself, that God is giving two last remedies to the world. These are the Holy Rosary and devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. These are the last two remedies which signify that there will be no others."

The Sin Against the Holy Spirit

"The third reason is because in the plans of Divine Providence, God always, before He is about to chastise the world, exhausts all other remedies. Now, when He sees that the world pays no attention whatsoever, then as we say in our imperfect manner of speaking, He offers us with ?certain fear? the last means of salvation, His Most Holy Mother.

It is with ?certain fear? because if you despise and repulse this ultimate means, we will not have any more forgiveness from Heaven, because we will have committed a sin which the Gospel calls the sin against the Holy Ghost. This sin consists of openly rejecting, with full knowledge and consent, the salvation which He offers.

Let us remember that Jesus Christ is a very good Son and that He does not permit that we offend and despise His Most Holy Mother. We have recorded through many centuries of Church history the obvious testimony which demonstrates by the terrible chastisements which have befallen those who have attacked the honor of His Most Holy Mother, how Our Lord Jesus Christ has always defended the honor of His Mother."

crucifix Sister Lucia of Fatima.crucifix

crucifix God Bless you.crucifix

Virtuous Habits are 1 Pray the Holy Rosary. 2 Read your Bible, and Holy Books. 3 Go to Holy Mass. 4 Absorb Light.  5 Repel Darkness. 6 Fast for Self-Denial. 7 Love Jesus and Mary. 8 Read Mary's Messages. 9 Prepare for Death. 10 Know Time.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2211 on: October 19, 2016, 08:21:44 PM »

'For there shall be a time when they will not bear sound doctrine: but according to their own desires they will heap to themselves masters [Vulgate: magistros], having itching ears, and from the truth certes they will avert their hearing, and to fables they will be converted.'

2 Timothy 4:3-4

'. . . yet the Son of man, when He cometh, shall He find, think you, faith on earth?'

Luke 18:8

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 20, 2016, 05:22:29 AM »

A White Rose

1. Dear ministers of the most high God, you my fellow priests who preach the truth of God and who teach the gospel to all nations, let me give you this little book as a white rose that I would like you to keep. The truths contained in it are set forth in a very simple and straightforward manner, as you will see.

Please keep them in your heart so that you yourselves may make a practice of the Rosary and taste its fruits.

Please have them always on your lips too, so that you will always preach the Rosary and thus convert others by teaching them the excellence of this holy devotion.

I beg of you to beware of thinking of the Rosary as something of little importance - as do ignorant people, and even several great but proud scholars. Far from being insignificant, the Rosary is a priceless treasure which is inspired by God.

Almighty God has given it to you because he wants you to use it as a means to convert the most hardened sinners and the most obstinate heretics. He has attached to it grace in this life and glory in the next. The saints have said it faithfully and the Popes have endorsed it.

When the Holy Spirit has revealed this secret to a priest and director of souls, how blessed is that priest! For the vast majority of people fail to know this secret or else only know it superficially. If such a priest really understands this secret, he will say the Rosary each day and will encourage others to say it. God and his blessed Mother will pour abundant grace into his soul, so that he may become God's instrument for his glory; and his word, though simple, will do more good in one month than that of other preachers in several years.

2. Therefore, my dear brothers and fellow priests, it will not be enough for us to preach this devotion to others; we must practice it ourselves, for if we firmly believed in the importance of the holy Rosary but never said it ourselves, people could hardly be expected to act upon our advice, since no one can give what he does not have: "Jesus began to do and to teach." We ought to pattern ourselves on our Lord, who began practising what he preached. We ought to emulate St. Paul, who knew and preached nothing but Jesus crucified.

I could tell you at great length of the grace God has given me to know by experience the effectiveness of the preaching of the holy Rosary, and of how I have seen, with my own eyes, the most wonderful conversions it has brought about. I would gladly tell you all these things if I thought that it would move you to preach this beautiful devotion, in spite of the fact that priests are not in the habit of doing so these days.

Little Angel St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montford.Little Angel

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2213 on: October 20, 2016, 08:46:54 PM »

'Son of man, I have made thee a watchman to the house of Israel: and thou shalt hear the word out of my mouth, and shalt tell it them from me. If, when I say to the wicked, Thou shalt surely die: thou declare it not to him, nor speak to him, that he may be converted from his wicked way, and live: the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but I will require his blood at thy hand. But if thou give warning to the wicked, and he be not converted from his wickedness, and from his evil way: he indeed shall die in his iniquity, but thou hast delivered thy soul.'

Ezechiel 3:17-19

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 21, 2016, 02:04:54 AM »

crucifix Description of One Departed.crucifix

In order more clearly to see what indeed you are, my Christian soul, St. John Chrysostom observes, "Go to a sepulchre, contemplate dust, ashes, worms and sigh." See how that corpse becomes at first yellow, and then black. Afterwards there is seen upon the body a white and unpleasant mould. Then there issues forth a foul and corrupt matter, which sinks into the ground. In that corruption many worms are generated, which feed upon the flesh. The rats then come to feast upon the body, some on the outside, others entering into the mouth and bowels.

The cheeks, the lips, and the hair fall in pieces; the ribs are the first to become bare of flesh, then the arms and the legs. The worms after having consumed the flesh eat each other, and, in the end, nothing remains of that body but a fetid skeleton, which, in course of time, is divided, the bones being separated, and the head falling from the body: they "become like the chaff of the summer threshing-floors, and the wind carried them away." Behold, then, what man is - a little dust upon a threshing-floor, which is carried away by the wind.

Little Angel St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori.Little Angel

crucifix Mark C9crucifix

43 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not extinguished.
45 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not extinguished.
47 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not extinguished.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2215 on: October 21, 2016, 10:37:57 PM »

Per totam noctem laborantes, nihil cepimus. Luke v. 5.
"We have labored all the night and taken nothing."

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2216 on: October 22, 2016, 01:47:53 AM »

'In order the better to gain souls, in visiting the sick, we ought to imagine that what we do for the sick man we are doing for Christ Himself; we shall thus perform this work of mercy with more love and greater spiritual profit.'

St. Philip Neri

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 22, 2016, 04:04:39 AM »

crucifix The Great Tribulation, Preceding the End of the Age.crucifix

crucifix Russia, the Scourge of God.crucifix

"Tell them, Father, that many times the Most Holy Virgin told my cousins Francisco and Jacinta, as well as myself, that many nations will disappear from the face of the earth. She said that Russia will be the instrument of chastisement chosen by Heaven to punish the whole world if we do not beforehand obtain the conversion of that poor nation."

crucifix Sister Lucia of Fatima, 1917.crucifix

crucifix 2nd Apparition of Akita on August 3, 1973:crucifix

"With My Son, I desire souls who will have to make reparations for the sinners and the ungrateful, by means of their own suffering and their poverty. In order that the world may know His Anger, the Heavenly Father is preparing to inflict a Great Chastisement on All Humankind. I intervened many times with My Son to appease the Anger of the Father. I prevented the arrival of calamities by offering Him the Sufferings of the Son on the Cross, His Precious Blood and the Beloved Souls who console Him forming a Cohort of Victim Souls. Prayer, penance and courageous sacrifices can mitigate the Wrath of the Father. I desire also this from your community... that it love poverty, that it sanctify itself and pray in reparation for the ingratitude and the offences of many people..."

crucifix The Blessed Virgin Mary.crucifix

crucifix The Last Apparition of Akita on October 13, 1973:crucifix

"As I told you, if people will not repent and will not improve themselves, the Father will Inflict a Terrible Chastisement on All Humanity. It will be a Punishment Greater than the Deluge, such as it was never seen before. Fire will fall from the Sky and will Wipe Out a large part of humanity, the Good as well as the bad, without sparing either the priests or the faithful. The survivors will find themselves so afflicted that they will envy the dead. The only weapons that will remain for you are the Holy Rosary and the Sign left by My Son. Recite every day the Prayers of the Holy Rosary. With the Holy Rosary, pray for the Pope, the Bishops and the priests. The work of the devil will enter also into the Church in such a way that one will see Cardinals opposing other Cardinals, Bishops against Bishops. The priests who venerate me will be despised and hindered by their fellow priests... churches and altars will be sacked; the Church will be filled by those who accept compromises and the devil will lead many priests and consecrated souls to leave the Service of the Lord. The devil will be implacable especially against the souls consecrated to God."

crucifix The Blessed Virgin Mary.crucifix

crucifix My Opinion:crucifix

I have a strange feeling that if the Blessed Virgin Mary has run out of Victim Souls to do reparations to the Heavenly Father, that the Great Chastisement will begin after October 13, 2017 which is after 100 years of the Apparitions of Our Lady in Fatima. God would allot a specific amount of time after the Fatima Apparitions for Humanity to Repent. Once the time is up, Humanity either repented or did not. I have a feeling that allotted time is 100 years, a nice whole number. The Evidence is Clear that Humanity has Not Repented and Has Rejected Jesus Christ and His Ways. In fact, the Greater Portion of Humanity has embraced Materialism and Hedonism to its Grandeur and is now wallowing in the Effects of loving wickedness and sin, the ways of the devil and darkness.

So the Great Chastisement and Tribulation is Inevitable and only a Very Short time away from now. It also looks like the Blessed Virgin Mary is unable to hold back all the floods and droughts that are occurring currently and with greater and larger effects. So we have to look forward to More Bigger Earthquakes, Bigger Floods, Bigger Droughts, Bigger Tornadoes, Bigger Hail Storms, Bigger Violent Rainfalls, Violent Wind Storms, Bigger Sink Holes, Bigger Tsunami's, Mass Nuclear Oblivion, preceeding Mass Famine, Mass Pestilence, Mass Plague, Mass Suffering, Mass Death, Mass Damnation preceeding the Second Coming, Absolute Mass Salvation for the Good and Absolute, Utter and Total Mass Death and Damnation for the Wicked.

crucifix God bless you.crucifix
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 04:59:59 AM by Gabriel Marie Josef Anton » Logged

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2218 on: October 23, 2016, 04:21:40 AM »

'The time is fast approaching in which there will be great trials and afflictions; perplexities and dissensions, both spiritual and temporal, will abound; the charity of many will grow cold, and the malice of the wicked will increase. The devils will have unusual power, the immaculate purity of our Order, and of others, will be so much obscured that there will be very few Christians who will obey the true Sovereign Pontiff and the Roman Church with loyal hearts and perfect charity. At the time of this tribulation a man, not canonically elected, will be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavour to draw many into error and death.

Then scandals will be multiplied, our Order will be divided, and many others will be entirely destroyed, because they will consent to error instead of opposing it. There will be such diversity of opinions and schisms among the people, the religious and the clergy, that, except those days were shortened, according to the words of the Gospel, even the elect would be led into error, were they not specially guided, amid such great confusion, by the immense mercy of God. Then our Rule and manner of life will be violently opposed by some, and terrible trials will come upon us. Those who are found faithful will receive the crown of life; but woe to those who, trusting solely in their Order, shall fall into tepidity, for they will not be able to support the temptations permitted for the proving of the elect.

Those who preserve their fervour and adhere to virtue with love and zeal for the truth, will suffer injuries and, persecutions as rebels and schismatics; for their persecutors, urged on by the evil spirits, will say they are rendering a great service to God by destroying such pestilent men from the face of the earth, but the Lord will be the refuge of the afflicted, and will save all who trust in Him. And in order to be like their Head, [Christ] these, the elect, will act with confidence, and by their death will purchase for themselves eternal life; choosing to obey God rather than man, they will fear nothing, and they will prefer to perish rather than consent to falsehood and perfidy. Some preachers will keep silence about the truth, and others will trample it under foot and deny it. Sanctity of life will be held in derision even by those who outwardly profess it, for in those days Jesus Christ will send them not a true Pastor, but a destroyer.'

St. Francis of Assisi

'There shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch as to deceive (if possible) even the elect.'

Matthew 24:24

Making an exceptional citation, a commentator on the above:

'The prophecies of the Apocalypse show that Satan will imitate the Church of Christ to deceive mankind; he will set up a church of Satan in opposition to the Church of Christ. Antichrist will assume the role of Messias; his prophet will act the part of Pope, and there will be imitations of the Sacraments of the Church. There will also be lying wonders in imitation of the miracles wrought in the Church.' (p.119)

'Miracles are no proof of sanctity, for Christ has said that on the day of judgment many will say to Him: "Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name?"' (p.119)

'And, there seems to be no reason why a false Church might not become universal, even more universal than the true one, at least for a time.'  (p.155)

Rev. E. Sylvester Berry, D.D.
The Church of Christ, An Apologetic and Dogmatic Treatise.
Herder, St. Louis and London, 1927 & 1941

'The death of the impenitent persecutors of the Church will take place during the three days of darkness. He who survives those three days of darkness and horror will see himself as if alone, because the earth will be covered with cadavers.'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 23, 2016, 05:36:28 AM »

crucifix Counsel of the Blessed Virgin Mary to St. Elizabeth of Toss:crucifix

"If therefore you wish to obtain that Love, do as I did in the Temple in my earliest youth. For I would rise in the middle of the night and, standing before the Altar with complete concentration of Mind, I would ask the Lord for His Grace by which I might be able to keep these Commandments I have mentioned, and I would make seven petitions, one after the other, in Prayer before the Altar.

"The first was, that he would give me His Grace by means of which I should be able to Fulfill the First Commandment, that is, on loving God Above All Things, with All my Heart, All my Mind and All my Strength.

"The second was, that I should be able to Fulfill the Second Commandment, on Loving my Neighbour as myself, and that He should make me Love what He Himself Loved.

"The third was, that I should be able to Fulfill the Third Commandment and that He should make me hate the enemy of the human race because from him derive vice, sin, and whatever He Himself hates.

"The fourth was, that He should give me Humility, Patience, Kindliness, Gentleness and other Virtues, by which I might be made Lovely in His Eyes.

"The fifth was, that He should allow me to see the Time when that Blessed Virgin should be born who, according to the sayings of the Prophets, was to bear His Son; and that He would keep safe my eyes with which I might see Her, my ears with which I might hear Her speak, my tongue with which I might praise Her, my hands with which I might touch Her, my feet with which I might run to Her, my knees on which I might do Her Homage, and see and do Homage to Her Son lying on Her lap.

"The sixth was, that He would give me Grace by which I might be able to Keep All the Commandments of the Priests and the Rules of the Temple.

"The seventh and last was that he would deign to keep safe his holy Temple and all his own People, to Serve Him forever."

crucifix The Blessed Virgin Mary Speaking with St. Elizabeth of Toss.crucifix

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 05:55:11 AM by Gabriel Marie Josef Anton » Logged

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2220 on: October 24, 2016, 02:51:11 AM »

'You have forgotten what you are.'

St. Severinus Boethius

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: October 24, 2016, 06:37:33 AM »

crucifix

crucifix

crucifix Purgatorycrucifix

First Account of St. Pio:

One evening Padre Pio was resting in a room of the guest quarters on the ground floor of the convent. He was alone and he had been lying on his cot for a short time when, suddenly, there appeared to him a man wrapped in a black cloak. Padre Pio asked the man who he was and what he wanted. The man answered that he was a soul of Purgatory.

‘I am Pietro Di Mauro. I died in a fire on September 18, 1908, in this convent, used as a home for the elderly after the expropriation of ecclesiastical property. I died in the midst of the flames in my bed, overtaken during sleep, exactly in this room. I am coming from Purgatory: the Lord has allowed me to come to ask you to offer for me the Holy Mass of tomorrow morning. Thanks to this Mass I will be able to enter Heaven.’

“Padre Pio assured that he would offer the Mass for him: ‘I wanted to accompany him to the door of the convent. I became fully aware of having spoken to a deceased person only when, going out to the churchyard, the man who was beside me, suddenly disappeared. I must confess that I reentered the convent somewhat frightened. I asked permission to Padre Paolino da Casacalenda, superior of the convent, to whom my agitation did not go unnoticed, to celebrate the Holy Mass in supplication of that soul after, naturally, having explained to him all that had happened.’ ”

A few days later, Padre Paolino wanted to verify the information and went to the registry office of the Town of San Giovanni Rotondo to consult the register of the dead for the year 1908. In the records listing the people deceased in the month of September, Padre Paolino found the man's first name, surname and the cause of death: “On September 18, 1908, in the fire of the home for the elderly died Pietro Di Mauro, son of the late Nicola.”

Second Account of St. Pio:

Another episode was told by Padre Pio himself to Padre Anastasio: “One evening while I was praying in the choir alone, I heard the rustling of a robe and saw a young friar puttering around the main altar, as if he were dusting the candle holders and arranging the flower vases. Convinced that it was Fra Leone organizing the altar, and since it was the time for supper, I approached the banister and said to him: ‘Fra Leone, go to eat, it is not the time to dust and set up the altar.’

But a voice that was not the one of Fra Leone answered me: ‘I am not Fra Leone.’ ‘So who are you?’ I asked. “ ‘I am one of your fellow friars who did his novitiate here. For obedience I received the task to keep the main altar clean and orderly during my year of probation. Unfortunately, many times I was disrespectful to Jesus in the sacrament by passing in front of the altar without revering the Most Holy One kept in the tabernacle. For this grave omission, I am still in Purgatory. Now the Lord, in his infinite goodness, sends me to you so that you may determine how much longer I must suffer in those flames of love. Help me.’

“ ‘I, believing to be generous towards that suffering soul, exclaimed: You will remain here until the Mass of tomorrow morning. That soul yelled: You are cruel! Then he screamed loudly and disappeared. That wailing created a wound in my heart that I have felt and shall feel all my life. I, who through divine delegation could have sent that soul immediately to Heaven, condemned him to remain another night in the flames of Purgatory.’ ”

Little Angel St. Pio of Pietrelcina.Little Angel

crucifix My Opinion on the Second Account of St. Pio crucifix

I just want to elaborate on the second account of St. Pio in regards to his conduct for that Soul. The Soul was correct in what he said about St. Pio at that point in time. The Soul came to offer St. Pio advice in a round about way by way of reminder of the reason why he was in Purgatory, that the Soul had treated the Altar of the Lord and the Host in the Tabernacle without Holy Reverence or in an improper manner befitting the vocation of that Soul. St. Pio did not understand what the Soul was trying to tell him at that time as St. Pio himself demonstrated.

That is why the Soul told St. Pio, "You are Cruel!" And St. Pio's heart was wounded by God's Providence to teach St. Pio a lesson that befitted his vocation. The Soul came by God's Providence to inform St. Pio of his lack of Reverence and Mercy in regards to his conduct befitting his vocation and also St. Pio's lack of understanding at the Altar of the Lord in terms of Grace and Mercy. The Soul by God's Providence was asking St. Pio to render him assistance and this was being asked for and done at the Altar of the Lord. St. Pio's reply was one of judgment instead of gratitude to the Soul for having reminded St. Pio of his duties of his vocation.

crucifix

crucifix
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:43:25 AM by Gabriel Marie Josef Anton » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: October 25, 2016, 08:03:44 AM »

Little Angel crucifix Little Angel

Little Angel crucifix Little Angel Peace be with you. Little Angel crucifix Little Angel

Little Angel crucifix Little Angel The Holy Rosary. Little Angel crucifix Little Angel

Little Angel crucifix Little Angel A Red Rose. Little Angel crucifix Little Angel

3. Poor men and women who are sinners, I, a greater sinner than you, wish to give you this rose, a crimson one, because the precious blood of our Lord has fallen upon it. Please God that it may bring true fragrance into your lives - but above all, may it save you from the danger that you are in. Every day unbelievers and un-repentant sinners cry, "Let us crown ourselves with roses." But our cry should be, "Let us crown ourselves with the roses of the Holy Rosary."
How different are theirs from ours! Their roses are pleasures of the flesh, worldly honours and passing riches which wilt and decay in no time, but ours, which are the Our Father and Hail Mary which we
have said devoutly over and over again, and to which we have added good penitential acts, will never wilt or die, and they will be just as exquisite thousands of years from now as they are today.
On the contrary, sinners' roses only look like roses, while in point of fact they are cruel thorns which prick them during life by giving them pangs of conscience, at their death they pierce them with bitter regret and, still worse, in eternity they turn to burning shafts of anger and despair. But if our roses have thorns, they are the thorns of Jesus Christ, who changes them into roses. If our roses prick us, it is only for a short time, and only in order to cure the illness of sin and to save our souls.
4. So by all means we should eagerly crown ourselves with these roses from Heaven, and recite the Entire Rosary Every Day, that is to say, Three Rosaries each of Five Decades, which are like three little wreaths or crowns of flowers. There are two reasons for doing this: first of all, to honour the three crowns of Jesus and Mary - Jesus' crown of grace at the time of his Incarnation, his crown of thorns during his passion, and his crown of glory in heaven, and of course the three-fold crown which the Blessed Trinity gave Mary in heaven. Secondly, we should do this so that we ourselves may receive three crowns from Jesus and Mary, the first a crown of merit during our lifetime; the second, a crown of peace at our death; and the third, a crown of glory in Heaven.
If you say the Rosary faithfully until Death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins "you shall receive a never-fading crown of glory." Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practice black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, If - and Mark Well what I Say - If you say the Rosary Devoutly Every Day Until Death for the purpose of Knowing the Truth and Obtaining Contrition and Pardon for your sins.

Little Angel crucifix Little Angel St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montford.Little Angel crucifix Little Angel

Little Angel crucifix Little Angel God Bless you. Little Angel crucifix Little Angel

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2223 on: October 26, 2016, 02:19:50 AM »

The account from Padre Pio reminds me of the accounts in the Rev. F.X. Schouppe, S.J.'s splendid volume 'Purgatory'.

May the Lord grant us to love and say the Holy Rosary so that we have many roses to offer Our Lady.  ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@

thrones angel blue angel yellow cherubim Seraphim :principalities: Seraphim cherubim angel yellow angel blue thrones

---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@ ---,---'---{@

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: