Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233177 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2336 on: February 18, 2017, 06:14:14 PM »

'Better that only a few Catholics should be left, staunch and sincere in their religion, than that they should, remaining many, desire as it were, to be in collusion with the Church's enemies and in conformity with the open foes of our faith.'

St. Peter Canisius

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2337 on: February 19, 2017, 07:38:27 AM »

'Heaven grant that I may live to accomplish the Will of my God!'

St. Joseph, his oft repeated words, revealed to St. Bridget of Sweden

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2338 on: February 20, 2017, 05:24:55 AM »

'Behold how you encounter in your father an image of the Eternal Father. For this reason we should honor and reverence the one through whom it so pleased God to give us life.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2339 on: February 21, 2017, 11:18:46 AM »

'Among the different means that we have of pleasing God in all that we do, one of the most efficacious is to perform each of our actions as though it were to be the last of our life.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2340 on: February 22, 2017, 07:31:03 AM »

'In order to bear our afflictions with patience, it is very useful to read the lives and legends of the saints who endured great torments for Jesus Christ.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2341 on: February 23, 2017, 08:56:11 AM »

'If we find nothing in the world to please us, we ought to be pleased by this very not finding anything to please us.'

St. Philip Neri

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: February 23, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »

In The Book of Isaiah, Chapter 55 Verse 6 states:   
              Seek the Lord while he may be found,   
              call him while he is near.       

cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2343 on: February 28, 2017, 02:42:44 AM »

'Truly, matters in the world are in a bad state; but if you and I begin in earnest to reform ourselves, a really good beginning will have been made.'

St. Peter of Alcantara

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2344 on: March 03, 2017, 03:27:33 AM »

'Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2345 on: March 04, 2017, 08:15:58 AM »

'The devil has always attempted by means of heretics to deprive the world of the Mass, making them precursors of the antichrist, who before anything else will try to abolish and will actually abolish the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass as a punishment for the sins of men, according to the prediction of Daniel, "And strength was given him against the continual sacrifice." (Daniel 8:12)'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2346 on: March 04, 2017, 08:21:53 AM »

I remember a sermon I once heard of how the Holy Mass was abolished in England in the time of Henry VIII. The "Reformers" did not abolish it in such a way that there was nothing at all, they rather replaced it, with the Protestant substitute service, claiming it was a better version free of the flaws of the previous. And the many Catholic.. or rather formerly Catholic priests and bishops who went over and became Protestants, promoted it. Still to this day too, the Anglicans, still call themselves "Catholic".

Also of course, Henry VIII dissolved the monasteries, collecting all the monies he could from stealing all the land, buildings, and belongings.. selling them off..
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:35:30 AM by Shin » Logged

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2347 on: March 05, 2017, 05:25:18 AM »

'Many seducers are gone into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh: this is a seducer and an Anti-christ.'

2 John 7

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2348 on: March 05, 2017, 05:29:19 AM »

'Heretofore perhaps they were able to dissimulate: now they are called Antichrists. For who can but execrate them, and fly from their communion like a taint, or the poison of a serpent? The whole Church everywhere is mourning, every city groans, aged bishops are suffering in exile, and heretics dissembling, who while denying Christ have made themselves publicans, sitting in the Churches and exacting revenue.'

St. Athanasius

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2349 on: March 06, 2017, 07:10:39 AM »

'As I hear, so I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of him that sent me.'

John 5:30

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2350 on: March 07, 2017, 02:42:55 AM »

'Everywhere, the good are rare and the wicked great in number. Who does not know that today there is so much libertinage among mature men, liberty among young girls, vanity among women, licentiousness in the nobility, corruption in the middle class, dissolution in the people, impudence among the poor, that one could say what David said of his times: "All alike have gone astray. . . there is not even one who does good, not even one."'

St. Leonard of Port Maurice

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2351 on: March 07, 2017, 08:43:23 AM »

'Is unbelief a mortal sin? Listen to Our Lord: "If you do not believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins!"'

St. Benedict Joseph Labre

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: