Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:48:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: St. Louis Marie de Montfort - True Devotion to Mary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: St. Louis Marie de Montfort - True Devotion to Mary  (Read 23581 times)
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »

Hello, thank you for this book study,  :)I am just now reading it and I have a question about the part in 58 referring to -and I am quoting this loosly,- going about with little concern in the midst of other priests, ecclesiastics and clerics.  What does that mean?
  Let me say to all who take the time to do these book studies how much I appreciate them.
And Shin, this is such a nice site, so much good information and pure truths.  Aren't we blessed to have so many good words from so many Saints. What a treasure! :principalities: angel bell angel blue cherubim

Let nothing disturb you
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 11:29:29 PM »

I  am resurrecting this thread,  It's time to renew my  Total Consecration to Jesus in Mary  :principalities: Seraphim cherubim
Looking forward to this retreat! 

I have a copy of "True Devotion to Mary" on my kindle, from which i will be posting. 
 I will be doing excerpts with asterisks, if that is  ok, Shin. I figure these can be prompts for one to go and look closer at the text themselves and of course add any posts they choose.

Jump right in!  If anyone wants to start a 33 day retreat, it can be done easily in time for Jan 1st  The Solemnity of Mary, The Holy Mother Of God

DISCERNMENT OF THE TRUE DEVOTION
TO OUR BLESSED LADY

FIVE FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS
PRESUPPOSED

FIRST TRUTH

Jesus Christ or Saviour, true God and true Man, ought to be the last end of all our other devotions. else they are false and delusive. Jesus Christ is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end of all things.

Let nothing disturb you
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 11:42:56 PM »

FIRST TRUTH (61.)
cont.

There has been no other name given under heaven, except the name of Jesus, by which we can be saved. God has laid no other foundation of our salvation, of our perfection, and of our glory, except Jesus Christ.  Every building which is not built upon that firm rock is founded upon moving sand, and sooner or later will fall infallibly.

If we are in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ in us, we have no condemnation to fear.

By Jesus Christ, with Jesus Christ, in Jesus Christ, we can do all things; we can render all honour and glory to the Father in the unity of the Holy Ghost; we can become perfect ourselves, and be to our neighbor a good odour of eternal life.

62. If, then, we establish the solid devotion to our Blessed Lady, it is only to establish more perfectly the devotion to Jesus Christ, and to put forward an easy and secure means for finding Jesus Christ. 

Let nothing disturb you
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2015, 11:34:59 PM »

Prayers for your renewal!  crucifix

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: St. Louis Marie de Montfort - True Devotion to Mary « previous next »
Jump to: