Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Saint Augustine on the Holy Innocents 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Saint Augustine on the Holy Innocents  (Read 2611 times)
The Reginator

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »

Merry Christmas all!

I came across this today at Divine Office ("dot org"):
“In full right do we celebrate the heavenly birthday of these children. The end of the present life is for them the beginning of glory. These then are justly hailed as “infant martyr flowers”; they were the Church’s first blossoms, matured by the frost of persecution during the cold winter of unbelief.

I never cease to be amazed that we have a victorious army in heaven praying for us while we battle here on earth.  Thank you Lord for your saints, and on this day especially for the Holy Innocents.

Dear Holy Innocents, please pray for us, for the Holy Father and for the Church.
Amen.

"Time is not our own, and we must give a strict account of it."
Saint Turibius
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »

Merry Christmas all!

I came across this today at Divine Office ("dot org"):
“In full right do we celebrate the heavenly birthday of these children. The end of the present life is for them the beginning of glory. These then are justly hailed as “infant martyr flowers”; they were the Church’s first blossoms, matured by the frost of persecution during the cold winter of unbelief.

I never cease to be amazed that we have a victorious army in heaven praying for us while we battle here on earth.  Thank you Lord for your saints, and on this day especially for the Holy Innocents.

Dear Holy Innocents, please pray for us, for the Holy Father and for the Church.
Amen.

Amen! Amen!

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Saint Augustine on the Holy Innocents « previous next »
Jump to: