Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:55:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: In doing this, you will arrive at all perfection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In doing this, you will arrive at all perfection  (Read 2559 times)
Therese

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2014, 05:35:41 AM »

I copied down the following passage from "The Dialogue of St. Catherine of Sienna" several years ago (it is so good), and came across it last week.  If you are seeking all perfection, you will benefit by reading and remembering it. 

Wherefore, in order to arrive at purity, you must entreat Me to do three things: to grant you to be united to Me by the affection of love, retaining in your memory the benefits you have received from Me; and with the eye of your intellect to see the affection of My love, with which I love you inestimably; and in the will of others to discern My Will only, and not their evil will, for I am their Judge, not you, and in doing this, you will arrive at all perfection.

Please say a prayer that I shall arrive at all perfection.

Yours in our Lord's Pierced Side and Broken Heart on the Cross,
Therese

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »

Truly inspiring. Thank you Therese!  crucifix

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »

Truly inspiring. Thank you Therese!  crucifix

You are most welcome, Shin!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: In doing this, you will arrive at all perfection « previous next »
Jump to: