Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Nican Mopohua  (Read 38702 times)
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2015, 04:47:29 AM »

201. Auh quimotitlani in ompa Mexico in quittatiuh in Tlatoani Obispo inic oncan quimocaltiliz in Tepeyacac. 
And she sent him to Mexico City to see the Governing Bishop, so that he would make her a house at Tepeyac. 
202. Auh quimolhuili in macamo motequipacho in ca ye pactica; in ic cenca moyollali. 
And she told him not to worry, because his uncle was now happy, and she consoled him very much with this news. 
203. Quilhui in itlatzin ca ye nelli ca niman icuac in quimopatili, 
His uncle told him that it was true, that she healed him at that exact moment. 
204. ihuan huel quimottili iz zan no huel ye iuhcatzintli in yuh quimottititzinoaya ìn imach. 
And he saw her in exactly the same way she had appeared to his nephew. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 04:48:15 AM »

205. Ihuan quimolhuili in quenin yehuatl oc quimototlanili Mexico in quittaz Obispo, 
And she told him that she was also sending him to Mexico City to see the Bishop, 
206. auh ma no in icuac quittatiuh, ma huel moch ic quixpantiz quinonotzaz in tlein oquittac, 
and also that when he went to see him, he should reveal absolutely everything to him, he should tell him what he had seen 
207. ihuan in quenin tlamahuizoltica oquimopatili, 
and the marvelous way in which she had healed him, 
208. auh ma huel yuh quimotocayotiliz, ma huel yuhmotocayotitzinoz iz Cenquizca Ichpochtzintli Santa María de Guadalupe in itlazoixiptlatzin. 
and that he would properly name her beloved Image thus: the Perfect Virgin, Holy Mary of Guadalupe.
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2015, 04:45:45 AM »

209. Auh niman ic quihualhuicaque in Juan Bernardino in ixpan Tlatohuani Obispo in quinonotzaco, in ixpan tlaneltilico. 
And then they brought Juan Bernardino into the presence of the Governing Bishop, they brought him to speak with him, to give his testimony. 
210. Auh inehuan in imach Juan Diego quincalloti in ichan Obispo achi quezquilhuitl. 
And together with his nephew Juan Diego, the Bishop lodged them in his house for a few days. 
211. Inoc ixquic ica moquetzino iteocaltzin Tlatoca Cihuapilli in oncan Tepeyacac in canin quimottitili in Juan Diego. 
While the sacred little house of the lovely Little Queen was built out there at Tepeyac, where she [had] revealed herself to Juan Diego. 
212. Auh in Tlatohuani Obispo quicuani ompa in Iglesia Mayor in itlazoixiptlatzin in Ilhuicac-Tlazocihuapilli. 
And the Reverend Bishop moved the beloved Image of the Beloved Heavenly Maiden to the principal church. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2015, 05:12:26 AM »

213. Quihualmoquixtili in ompa itecpanchan in ineteochihuayan moyetzticatca, inic mochi tlacatl quittaz quimahuizoz in Itlazoixiptlatzin. 
He took her beloved Image from his residence, from his private chapel in which it was, so that all could see it and admire it. 
214. Auh huel cenmochi iz cemaltepetl olin, in quihualmottiliaya, in quimahuizoaya in Itlazoixiptlatzin. 
And absolutely this entire city with no exception, was deeply moved as everyone came to see and admire her precious Image. 
215. Huallateomatia, 
They came to acknowledge its divine character, 
216. quimotlatlauhtiliaya. 
and they came to offer her their payers. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2015, 05:02:23 AM »

217. Cenca quimahuizoaya in quenin teotlamahuizoltica inic omonexiti, 
They marveled at the miraculous way it had appeared. 
218. inic niman ma aca tlalticpac tlacatl oquimicuilhui in itlazoixiptlayotzin. 
since absolutely no one on earth had painted her beloved Image. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2015, 04:45:43 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i. Nican Mopohua, motecpana, in quenin yancuican hueytlamahuizoltica monexiti in cenquizca ichpochtli Sancta María Dios Inantzin Tocihuapillatocatzin, in oncan Tepeyacac, motenehua Guadalupe. 
Here it is told, and set down in order, how a short time ago the Perfect Virgin Holy Mary Mother of God, our Queen, miraculously appeared out at Tepeyac, widely known as Guadalupe. 
ii. Acattopa quimottititzino ce macehualtzintli itoca Juan Diego, auh zantepan monexiti in Itlazoixiptlatzin in ixpan yancuican Obispo, Don Fray Juan de Zumárraga. 
First She caused herself to be seen by an Indian named Juan Diego, poor but worthy of respect; and then her Precious Image appeared before the recently named Bishop, Don Fray Juan de Zumárraga. 

It should be noted that Nican Mopohua is an Aztec phrase that means "It is told." or "It is said."
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2015, 04:54:09 AM »

001. Ye yuh matlac xihuitl in opehualoc in atl in tepetl Mexico, in ye omoman in mitl in chimalli, in ye nohuian ontlamatcamani in ahuacan in tepehuacan 
Ten years after the City of Mexico was conquered, with the arrows and shields put aside, when there was peace in all the towns
002. in maca zan ye opeuh, ye xotla, ye cueponi in tlaneltoquiliztli in iximachocatzin in Ipalnemohuani, nelli Teotl Dios. 
just as it sprouted, faith now grows green, now opens its corolla, the knowledge of the One by whom we all live: the true God. 
003. In huel ihcuac in ipan xihuitl mil y quinientos y treinta y uno, quin iuh iquezquilhuioc in metztli Diciembre mochiuh, oncatca ce macehualtzintli icnotlapatzintli, 
At that time, the year 1531, a few days into the month of December, it happened that there was a humble but respected Indian, a poor man of the people;

There is another version which mentions that there was a war. The war lasted about ten years. Then, everyone layed down their weapon and the war was over. These are examples of how this is a story that is told by the Aztecs from their own perspective.   
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2015, 03:29:40 AM »

Those are some beautiful phrases.
More! More!
thank you Poche!

Let nothing disturb you
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2015, 05:52:52 AM »

And immediately he prostrated himself in her presence; he said to her: "My Lady, my Beloved Maiden, now I am going to make your venerable breath, your venerable word, a reality. I, your poor Indian, am leaving you for a while."
039. Niman ic hualtemoc in quineltilitiuh in inelitlaniz: connamiquico in cuepotli, huallamelahua Mexico. 
Then he came down (from the hill) to put her errand into action; he came to get onto the causeway, he comes straight
You will notice that it mentions that he got on the causeway. That is because at that time Mexico City was an island in the middle of a lake.
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2015, 05:39:52 AM »

119. Cuix amo nican nica nimonantzin?   
Am I not here, I, who am your mother?

This is one of the key phrases that doesn't just apply to Juan Diego in 1531. It applies to us today. The Holy virgin says to us, "Am I not here, who am your mother?"   
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2015, 01:26:20 PM »

I really enjoyed reading this.

Hopefully it will be able to be added to the main book library in future.  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua « previous next »
Jump to: