Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:08:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: White wash recipe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: White wash recipe  (Read 2569 times)
whiterockdove

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2015, 02:27:39 AM »

I needed to paint my new pigeon loft on a budget  and I found recipes out there for whitewash made with hydrated lime, the kind you get from a garden store. Just mix with water until it its milky ( wear a dust mask and goggles until the powder is mixed in the water). For a third of a 5 gallon pail add 2-3 cups of water based  white acrylic paint  to make it stick to the wood ( wet the wood first)

i added navy blue and the result was a great "Marian" blue.

It's a cheap way to paint and just slop it on, it doesn't look like much wet but when it dries...wow!  It keeps bugs away and wicks water out of the wood.

Let nothing disturb you
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »

This is great whiterockdove!

I was just looking a store that sells old fashioned 'milk paint' and wondering if I should try that out, and here you come up with a whitewash recipe too!

Milk paint is made out of:

Milk protein (casein)
    Lime
    Clay
    Earth pigments

Not much different than what you are doing I am thinking! The old fashioned looks are the best..

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: White wash recipe « previous next »
Jump to: