Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Reminder - Links & Image Posting Disabled 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reminder - Links & Image Posting Disabled  (Read 4751 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:33:33 AM »

Posting to the board using links or images has now been disabled for all members except for staff.

Attempting to do so will result in a generic error message.

For reasons of modesty and moral content, only internal links to the Saints websites are permitted, all links to other sites will result in an error.

This is because of the advertisements and other media problems that violate moral standards we find as a general rule with outside links. This keeps the boards modest and provides a good Christian example of temperance and restraint, and prevents harm.

If there is some good content you wish to talk about, try putting it in your own words, this can be very beneficial and helps a person to review the content too.

And so all links internal or external when attempting to post will result in a generic error message, due to software restrictions -- to include internal links, for example, to a book on Saints' Books, feel free to request a moderator to edit them in after you post.

Attempting to quote a post with a link in it will also result in an error message.

If you wish to add an image to a post, submit it to the image gallery using the gallery button, and it will be reviewed for content. If acceptable you can post it then using the gallery bbcode.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:44:12 AM »

Also, a small further note -- the websites are designed to work perfectly with images turned off.

Both text only browsers and normal browsers with images disabled entirely will work.

You may easily use all these websites without images.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 07:11:58 PM »

Further note, please do not use PMs to send links.

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Reminder - Links & Image Posting Disabled « previous next »
Jump to: