Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Meditation for the Feast of the Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Meditation for the Feast of the Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ  (Read 1863 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:09:45 PM »

THE HEART OF JESUS RISING FROM THE TOMB

"Jesus said: I am the resurrection and the life." (S. John, 11:25)

1st Prelude. -- Represent to yourself the sepulchre, now no longer sealed, the guards overthrown in terror and dismay, and the sweet Heart of Jesus rising glorious and triumphant.

2nd Prelude. -- Pray that, by His strength and in the power of His grace, you may also rise triumphantly over sin in this world, and obtain a glorious resurrection in the life to come.

1st Point.
-- Consider the grave where Jesus lay. A moment before the midnight hour a body lay therein; a human Heart, once full of life, but now cold and inanimate; a face pale and ghastly with the hues of death and the stains of blood, calm in its majestic sorrow, and yet, oh, how sorrowful! a wasted frame -- wasted with three and thirty years of hourly suffering; worn by long fasts and protracted vigils; alas! worn by the cruel wrongs of creatures who were loved so much, and who loved so little. Oh, let us give one glance of burning love and one tear of heartfelt sorrow to our dead Jesus, ere we turn from meditations on His sufferings, to enraptured contemplations of His risen glory; and, amid our Easter joys, let us remember, at least for a brief moment, how dearly they have been purchased for us!

2nd Point. -- But the midnight hour is heard. Jesus was born at midnight; at midnight He will come to judge the world; at midnight He rises gloriously a conquerer from the tomb. He is the resurrection; therefore He needs no power save His own to resuscitate His Humanity. Oh, let us shout to Him, with shouts of joy, Alleluia! Alleluia! The courts of heaven are ringing with His praises, Alleluia! Alleluia! The Church on earth has scarcely words to express her joy; for how can the joy of the bride be fully told in the absence of the Bridegroom? O Jesus, our life, our love, we have no words to tell our gladness. Thou hast risen. The winter of suffering is past, the springtime of sorrowing is over, the autumn fruits are gathered in -- Alleluia! Alleluia! Thou canst not suffer more; and if this thought alone has enabled us to bear close and constant contemplation of Thy sufferings, how shall we not joy therein when we meditate on Thy resurrection glory!

3rd Point. -- Consider how we may best worship and glory the risen Heart of Jesus. 1. Let us run with the holy women to His tomb. There we may contemplate His wonders and adore His power; there we may offer our most fervent congratulations on His joyful resurrection. 2. Let us return with the women to declare what we have seen; let us tell "the brethren" of His risen love; let us manifest to all that His resurrection is also ours, and invite all to share in it by our words and our example. 3. Let us also rise with Him. We have sought during the past season of penance to die with Him; let us rise again. He is the resurrection and the life; and when we receive Him into our hearts to-day, in that adorable Sacrament, of which He has said Himself, He that eateth Me shall live by Me, let us implore Him, by the love of His risen Heart, to give us life -- life that becomes more strong and vigorous every day and hour until it becomes immortal.

Aspiration. -- Sweet Heart of my risen Jesus, may I rise with Thee!

Form your resolution, and place it in the Heart of Jesus glorified. Examen.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Meditation for the Feast of the Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ « previous next »
Jump to: