Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: July, Month of the Precious Blood 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: July, Month of the Precious Blood  (Read 4444 times)
Therese

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:43:25 PM »

Today is the first of July, the Feast of the Precious Blood; and this month is the Month of the Precious Blood.  Let us pray special prayers in honor of our Lord's Precious Blood this evening and all throughout the month of July. 

Precious Blood of Jesus, trampled underfoot by the ungrateful, obstinate sinners, wash over us, heal us us and protect us from the Adversary!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »

St. Gaspar is a great devotee of the Most Precious Blood of Our Lord.  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 09:35:47 AM »

St. Gaspar is a great devotee of the Most Precious Blood of Our Lord.  Cheesy

I didn't know that, Shin.  I don't know St. Gaspar's life.  Was he a confessor?

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 08:00:04 PM »

I will have to do a post about him!  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:04:50 PM »

I will have to do a post about him!  Cheesy

Yes, please do so, Shin!  God bless you!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 12:50:24 AM »

Prayer of St. Catherine of Siena to the Precious Blood of Jesus

Precious Blood,
Ocean of Divine Mercy:
Flow upon us!
Precious Blood,
Most pure Offering:
Procure us every Grace!
Precious Blood,
Hope and Refuge of sinners:
Atone for us!
Precious Blood,
Delight of holy souls:
Draw us!

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »

The feast of the Precious Blood of our Lord was established in 1849 by Pope Pius IX.     

Pope St. Clement I, in approximately 96 A.D., declared:         
                   "Let us fix our gaze on the Blood of Christ and realize how truly precious It is,     
                    seeing that It was poured out for our salvation and brought the grace of conversion to the whole world."       

crucifix crucifix crucifix crucifix crucifix
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 05:58:13 PM »

"The Mystery of the Precious Blood" by Father Faber

As it had lived an eternal life in the Mind of God before creation, so also did it live a life of visible effects and real jurisdiction from the beginning of the world, before it had become itself an actual created thing in the mystery of the Incarnation. It was the Precious Blood which hindered the fall of man from being as irretrievable as the fall of Angels had been. It did real work in every single soul which was created in those four thousand years. It altered their position in the world. It made the eye of God look differently on them. It rained supernatural graces upon their hearts. It diminished temporal chastisements. Neither was it less influential in the counsels of God than in the souls of men. It caused His compassion to overspread the whole earth. It turned the chronicles of the world into a succession of types, and shadows, and predictions of itself. While it was itself preparing all things for its own coming and shedding, it so controlled all things that they rather seemed to be a preparation for itself. It sounded in every thing that God said. It impressed its character upon every thing that God did. It underlay all heathen life, and all Hebrew life. It was the significance of the most significant, and also of the most insignificant, events. It molded all sanctity into an onlooking for itself. It beautified the hearts of men for God with supernatural desires. For all those forty ages it was the secret meaning and the hidden agent of the world. All that blossomed upon earth blossomed only because the Precious Blood watered the soil under ground. Who would not long to see it, as it would one day be, in the actual Human Heart which was to be its living chalice? Even the patience of the long-waiting God might vouchsafe to yearn for the actual creation of the Precious Blood. How sweet then to Him must have been that dear sanctity of Mary, whose beautiful compulsion caused the Word to anticipate His time!

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023, 06:37:49 PM »

Is there an order of Priests dedicated to the Precious Blood of Christ Jesus?
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 06:45:26 PM »

Is there an order of Priests dedicated to the Precious Blood of Christ Jesus?

The Missionaries of the Precious Blood is a Catholic community of priests and brothers.   
The society was founded by Saint Gaspar del Bufalo in 1815.
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: July, Month of the Precious Blood « previous next »
Jump to: