Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: "My Ideal" by Fr. Emil Neubert, S.M. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "My Ideal" by Fr. Emil Neubert, S.M.  (Read 7999 times)
Therese

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2015, 09:56:07 AM »

I very highly recommend that you all read this excellent little book by Fr. Emile.  For those of you who have already made your Consecration to Jesus through Mary this book will help you to live it more fully and perfectly; for those of you who have yet to make your Consecration to Jesus through Mary this book will help prepare you to make it well.  God bless you!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 02:11:36 AM »

It sounds interesting and it is not an expensive book, perhaps you could share a passage or two that moved you as a sample when you are not busily working on the excellent Ven. Mary of Agreda's writings?  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 02:44:53 AM »

It sounds interesting and it is not an expensive book, perhaps you could share a passage or two that moved you as a sample when you are not busily working on the excellent Ven. Mary of Agreda's writings?  Cheesy

Sure, I can do that.  That is a very good idea and I thank you for suggesting it, Shin! Smiley

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:48:09 AM »

'Jesus [to the Faithful Soul]:

You must remove the obstacles; by generous effort you must succeed in acquiring My thoughts, My sentiments, My desires, My will, My activity in regard to My Mother.

You must fill up what is lacking in you of My filial love toward My Mother.

4. Do you begin to catch a glimpse of what I am trying to reveal to you about your devotion to Mary?

You should love My Mother because I love her, you should love her in the way I love her; you should love her with the selfsame love as I do.'

My Ideal, Fr. Emil Neubert, S.M., p. 16

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:49:05 AM »

'Jesus:

The day when you find some Marian task beyond your strength, tell yourself that you have ceased to love her.'

My Ideal, Fr. Emile Neubert, S.J., p. 27

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:43:25 PM by Therese » Logged

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »

I'll post more passages when I have time.  God bless you!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 05:30:55 AM »

You must remove the obstacles; by generous effort you must succeed in acquiring My thoughts, My sentiments, My desires, My will, My activity in regard to My Mother.

4. Do you begin to catch a glimpse of what I am trying to reveal to you about your devotion to Mary?

You should love My Mother because I love her, you should love her in the way I love her; you should love her with the selfsame love as I do.'

Very inspiring! May God grant us charity!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 11:01:35 AM »

Very inspiring! May God grant us charity!

Yes, and ardent charity like Christ's!

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 04:07:22 PM »

'Jesus:

3.  Do not be satisfied with giving yourself to Mary just to become her property.  She wants to use you, not as an inert object, but as a beloved son who assists his mother.  For, as she will reveal to you later, I have confided to her a great mission in the world; and, to accomplish this mission, she wishes to depend upon you.

4. Give yourself without any idea of recompense.  Not out of personal interest, nor with a view to receiving more in return, nor for the consolation you experience in thus giving yourself; but out of pure filial love, just as I have given Myself to her.

You will have consolations, but you will also experience trials:  be not anxious about either, for your Mother will take care of them.  Your role is merely to think of giving yourself totally and lovingly.

5.  Give yourself forever....'

My Ideal, Fr. Emile Neubert, S.M., p. 21

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 09:42:51 PM »

“In order to make yourself all things to all men, you must not consider their qualities or defects, their virtues or vices, their actions, good or bad; you must see in them the price of the Sacred Blood of Jesus and of my immense sorrow.  Love them with the same love with which their Redeemer and their Mother love them, and you will win them over to love, and through love, to God.”

--Fr. Emile Neubert, S.M.

If there are people you don't like because they behave very mean or very uncharitably, practice the above and love those people unconditionally, for Jesus, and in imitation of Him and Mary.  It's the best thing you can do and makes you forget all about your disliking.  

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 11:48:15 PM »

It is wonderful to find a way to forget disliking some folks! Cheesy

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 04:45:24 AM »

When I read the above passage from My Ideal and made unconditional charity #1 I was able to stop disliking persons, including one who really did some harm.  Not that I have disliked many persons.  No, I disliked hardly any persons at all.  When bad things happen between me and others I basically forget about it, as holding grudges is sinful and most unpleasant.  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:13:30 AM by Therese » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: "My Ideal" by Fr. Emil Neubert, S.M. « previous next »
Jump to: