Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: To the Quiet Readers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To the Quiet Readers  (Read 6830 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2016, 08:23:40 AM »

Remember folks, if you're a quiet reader, if read something you find inspirational and appreciate it, there is so much to be thankful for finding. Do think of saying thanks at times to the kind folks who have helped post these even if you have nothing more to post about -- it is surprising how much a few words can mean ever so rarely to those who give us the beautiful words of God to read.

And remember too folks, if you're a guest, you can easily register for the forums, and will be very happy if you do so -- if you have any difficulties simply use the contact information in the 'About' section of the webpages to ask for help. If you register and become a member there are many privileges and surprises waiting, both for new members and for regulars.

Endless thanks be to God for all His gifts through the saints.

"O fear the Lord, all you who are His saints," (Ps. 33:10)
"O love the Lord, all you who are His saints." (Ps. 30:24)

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »

Where is the "about" section?
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 08:54:38 AM »

Where is the "about" section?

The front page of each of the websites has one, for example for Saints' Works it is here.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:56:04 AM »

Thanks for asking!

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:50:52 PM »

Thanks for your reply, please see my email via contact.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 11:00:39 PM »

My apologies eschator, if you sent an email before this message if you could please send it again, there was a glitch with it, which thankfully has now been corrected.

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 01:40:35 PM »

I sent a somewhat embellished replacement. Here's a copy just in case:
Here’s email 2- Shin says version #1 was probably lost.
I’ve been struggling to find a prayer for world peace that would be consistent with God’s Will and His Intentions-I’ve collected a dozen or so, and I alternate every night with at least one of these prayers or several versions I’ve written myself, but don’t feel very comfortable with the phrasing of any of them.
Question 1-Would it be appropriate to ask in the prayer request thread for readers to suggest (and post) prayers or links?
   2,3-Would it be appropriate to post one or more of my prayers there—and appropriate to ask readers to comment?
   4-Do you think history and Scripture indicate quite clearly that although peace is probably God’s Will, He apparently won’t bring it about until the 1000 year period foretold in Revelations?
   5-Would you consider any of this appropriate  for a thread(s)?
Thanks for consideration.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:54:23 AM »

Besides email there is also the private messaging system through the forum which is very reliable for contacting with. The email appears to be working fine now but I want to keep testing it.

If you are truly concerned there might be a serious issue with any of the wording of any material feel free to contact me privately via pm eschator and I'll see if I can be of help. If it is just minor issues I think it's fine to ask for comments publicly.

It's fine to ask readers to suggest prayers and ask questions about the faith. Cheesy

I think from thee many beautiful prayers in old prayer books that have been placed on the web and we can learn from these how to pray well.

Regarding links, we don't have except within these websites, as there is too much immodest and immoral material out there. So not having links makes this place safer and more sacred and safe to read through. People forget the 9 ways to be an accessory to sin and how to responsibly use the Internet too often. Attempting to post/quote a link if you are not a moderator causes an error message. This is worth keeping in mind if you try to quote a post with one.

If there's good content folks want to recommend I always ask just put whatever you wished to link to into a post in your own words instead. This can be very helpful too.

Let me know if I can be of any help in any way my friend!

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: To the Quiet Readers « previous next »
Jump to: