Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:56:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Bad Priest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Bad Priest  (Read 1984 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2016, 10:42:16 AM »

'Alas! what shall become of the scandalous priest on the day of judgment? I will, says the Lord, meet them as the bear that is robbed of her whelps. [Osee 13:8] With what rage does the bear rush on the sportsman that has killed or stolen her whelps! It is thus God has declared that he will meet on the day of judgment the priest that has destroyed instead of saving souls.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'When Ephraim spoke, a horror seized Israel: and he sinned in Baal and died. And now they have added to sin: and they have made to themselves a molten thing of their silver as the likeness of idols: the whole is the work of craftsmen: to these that say: Sacrifice men, ye that adore calves. Therefore they shall be as a morning cloud, and as a morning dew passing away, as dust caught with a whirlwind out of the floor, and as smoke out of the chimney.  But I the Lord thy God out of the Land of Ægypt: and God beside me thou shalt not know, and there is no Saviour beside me . . . I will meet them as a bear her young being violently taken away, and I will break in sunder the inner parts of their liver: and will consume them there as a lion, the beast of the field shall tear them. Perdition is thine o Israel: only in me thy help. Where is thy king? Now especially let him save thee . . . '

Osee 13:1-4,8-10

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Bad Priest « previous next »
Jump to: