Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:24:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Twelve Promises of the Sacred Heart 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Twelve Promises of the Sacred Heart  (Read 2703 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2016, 11:44:11 PM »

The Twelve Promises of the Sacred Heart

These promises were given to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque by Our Lord Jesus Christ for the sake of our souls. They are for those who devote themselves to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ. More can be read about this devotion and these promises in the book, 'The Autobiography of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque' which she wrote under obedience.

1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.

2. I will establish peace in their families.

3. I will console them in all their difficulties.

4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.

5. I will pour out abundant benedictions on all their undertakings.

6. Sinners shall find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.

7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.

8. Fervent souls shall advance rapidly to great perfection.

9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.

10. I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.

11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names inscribed in My Heart, and they shall never be effaced from It.

12. I promise thee in the excess of the mercy of My Heart, that Its all-powerful love will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of every month, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance, and that they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments, and that My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.

'The Heart of Jesus, contains the treasures of grace, and it is the Savior's Will to pour them forth on men through the medium of devotion to this Sacred Heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

See further. . .

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 03:36:04 AM by Shin » Logged

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:45:21 PM »

An Offering of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary
by St. John Eudes

O Jesus, only Son of God, only Son of Mary,
I offer Thee the most loving Heart of Thy divine Mother
which is more precious and pleasing to Thee than all hearts.
O Mary, Mother of Jesus,
I offer Thee the most adorable Heart of Thy well-beloved Son,
who is the life and love and joy of Thy Heart.
Blessed be the Most Loving Heart
and Sweet Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ
and the most glorious
Virgin Mary, His Mother,
in eternity and forever.

Amen.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 03:35:50 AM »

Let us remember the gifts and promises for those who love the Sacred Heart of Jesus on today's Feast.

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Twelve Promises of the Sacred Heart « previous next »
Jump to: