Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:33:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: St Louis de Montort 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: St Louis de Montort  (Read 8741 times)
Consecrated one
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »

Hello, Smiley
I just wanted to share that I've recently completed St Louis de Montfort's 33 Day Consecration to Jesus thru Our Blessed Mother.
I would recommend it strongly.  It truly changes ones heart and view of our relationship with Our Lord and Our Lady.  St de Montfort was so much in love with Our Lady.  He created The Little Crown of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  It's a charming set of little prayers.  I don't know that he originated it, so much as tried to popularize it.  Just wanted to share. Smiley
Consecrated One
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:29:53 PM »

I love St. Louis de Montfort and I have read some of his works, so I hardly no how I glossed over something so beautiful as the Little Crown..

Because since you mentioned it I just read them with attention, and I love them. Smiley They are absolutely wonderful and joyous prayers.

You can practically hear Heaven cheering at each one.  Cheesy
+
"Blessed art thou, O Virgin Mary, who didst bear the
Lord, the Creator of the world; thou didst give birth to Him Who
made thee, and remainest a Virgin forever."

Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel   "Rejoice, O Virgin Mary; Rejoice a thousand times!"    Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »

Hello, Smiley
I just wanted to share that I've recently completed St Louis de Montfort's 33 Day Consecration to Jesus thru Our Blessed Mother.
I would recommend it strongly.  It truly changes ones heart and view of our relationship with Our Lord and Our Lady.  St de Montfort was so much in love with Our Lady.  He created The Little Crown of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  It's a charming set of little prayers.  I don't know that he originated it, so much as tried to popularize it.  Just wanted to share. Smiley
Consecrated One

I have done a number of other consecrations to Our Lady, however haven't read the 33 day Consecration to Jesus thru Our Blessed Mother. That's kind of strange since I'm so Marian. The Church is so filled with such a huge amount of devotions to Our Lord and His Mother, that I'll probably be studying and using them forever.

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Carmela

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »

Hello, Smiley
Consecrated One

I just completed St Louis de Montfort's 33 Day Consecration to Jesus thru Our Blessed Mother. I too would highly recommend it! Or, any readings by St. Louis de Monfort!

REGINA DECOR CARMELI
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:36:17 PM »

I also completed St Louis de Montfort's 33 day Consecration to Jesus thru Our Blessed Mother a couple years ago - and with this forum. It really makes you stop and think what you are doing! I'm sure I will be doing it again.

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »

Welcome to the forums Carmela! I am really liking the usernames folks are choosing lately!  cheers  angel bell tiny angel

Make yourself at home here!

The announcements forum has the rules of the road and explains the technical side a bit too -- please do read them they will also help give a feel for the place! Cheesy

Please enjoy the forum threads! The quote of the day, saint of the day, and coffee threads are especially popular! Cheesy

Welcome!!  Grin

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Carmela

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »

I also completed St Louis de Montfort's 33 day Consecration to Jesus thru Our Blessed Mother a couple years ago - and with this forum. It really makes you stop and think what you are doing! I'm sure I will be doing it again.

Me too!

REGINA DECOR CARMELI
Carmela

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »

Welcome to the forums Carmela! I am really liking the usernames folks are choosing lately!  cheers  angel bell tiny angel

Make yourself at home here!

The announcements forum has the rules of the road and explains the technical side a bit too -- please do read them they will also help give a feel for the place! Cheesy

Please enjoy the forum threads! The quote of the day, saint of the day, and coffee threads are especially popular! Cheesy

Welcome!!  Grin

Thank you, Shin, for the kind words and warm welcome! You have a great site here! Congratulations!

REGINA DECOR CARMELI
Paul

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 08:41:20 PM »

I've been reading True Devotion to Mary. Since I'm a more analytical and mental person by nature (to give you an idea of what I mean, I'm an actuary), and a convert to boot, a lot of it is difficult for me to understand (often, I stop and ask, "Where is he getting this?"), but I think God is calling me to learn about De Montfort's devotion. I wish he would back it all up with Scripture and the Church Fathers, but I guess that wasn't God's will.
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 09:27:54 PM »

I'm adding myself to the the list of folks here who are doing or who have studied and completed  this
Marian devotion. It is a wonderful experience and is really helping me get through winter.
I like his writings, they are a little extreme in their descriptions sometimes but thats
just his style and I can see what he's getting at. 
He fits right in with some of my other favorites; St. Theresa of Avila, St John of The Cross.
I sure have found some nice new prayers and
Litanies. I really like to pray litanies.
  I remember when I was a little kid spinning around on one foot  while we were reciting one of these.
Each "Pray for us" would get a spin.
I can't  believe the nuns let me do that. I should have gotten a smack for it!
Maybe because I was one of the non-Catholics, they gave me a break. Or figured I was hopeless. Grin

Let nothing disturb you
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 08:32:43 AM »

I've been reading True Devotion to Mary. Since I'm a more analytical and mental person by nature (to give you an idea of what I mean, I'm an actuary), and a convert to boot, a lot of it is difficult for me to understand (often, I stop and ask, "Where is he getting this?"), but I think God is calling me to learn about De Montfort's devotion. I wish he would back it all up with Scripture and the Church Fathers, but I guess that wasn't God's will.

I know what you mean; I have started the same book.
St Louis de Montort, pray for us!

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »

There are lots of nice quotes by St. De Montfort.  This one is from his "Treatise on the True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin";
" Few Christians, however enlightened, understand the value, merit, excellence and necessity of the Hail Mary. Our Blessed Lady herself
had to appear on several occasions to men of great holiness and insight, such as St. Dominic, St. John Capistran and Blessed Alan de Rupe,
to convince them of the richness of this prayer."

No. 249.

Let nothing disturb you
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 02:28:37 AM »

I actually came across something that may be helpful to you in this area. In "Treatise on the True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin", another of St. De Montfort's works. Starting on no.  201," Services of Our Lady to Her Faithful Servants" he uses the story of Jacob and Rebecca to 
Illustrate the benefits of this devotion.  It was good to read this, so many of the Old Testament stories are confusing to me, I always wish there were more footnotes and explanations.

Let nothing disturb you
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 08:07:33 PM »

St. Louis De Montfort declared: "Mary gave being and life to the Author of all grace,     
             and that is why she is called the Mother of Grace."
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 01:32:35 AM »

I truly love learning more about parts of the Hail Mary, so as to be able to pray it better.

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: St Louis de Montort « previous next »
Jump to: