Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:26:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day: Holy Rosary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day: Holy Rosary  (Read 39839 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »

'If you persevere in reciting the Rosary, this will be a most probable sign of your eternal salvation.'

Bl. Alan de la Roche

Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 11:24:01 PM »

'If you persevere in reciting the Rosary, this will be a most probable sign of your eternal salvation.'

Bl. Alan de la Roche

Cheesy

God grant us that perseverance Little Angel

Look how many times Our Lady of Fatima repeated Herself when She appeared to Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco in 1917. Looks like She was trying to emphasize something if I'm not mistaken Cheesy

May 13:  "Pray the Rosary every day, in order to obtain peace for the world, and the end of the war."

June 13: "Pray the Rosary each day."

July 13: "I want you to come here on the 13th of next month, and to continue praying the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, in order to obtain peace for the world and      the end of the war, because only She can help you."

August 19: "I want you to continue going to the Cova da Iria on the 13th, and to continue praying the Rosary every day."

September 13: "Continue to say the Rosary to obtain the end of the war."

October 13: "I am Our Lady of the Rosary. Continue to say the Rosary every day."

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »

Bl. Alan de la Roche

Cheesy

God grant us that perseverance Little Angel

Look how many times Our Lady of Fatima repeated Herself when She appeared to Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco in 1917. Looks like She was trying to emphasize something if I'm not mistaken Cheesy

May 13:  "Pray the Rosary every day, in order to obtain peace for the world, and the end of the war."

June 13: "Pray the Rosary each day."

July 13: "I want you to come here on the 13th of next month, and to continue praying the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, in order to obtain peace for the world and      the end of the war, because only She can help you."

August 19: "I want you to continue going to the Cova da Iria on the 13th, and to continue praying the Rosary every day."

September 13: "Continue to say the Rosary to obtain the end of the war."

October 13: "I am Our Lady of the Rosary. Continue to say the Rosary every day."

She certainly sounds like a mother to her children, who need to listen a little harder! Because they do not realize how important it is!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »

"If, by the grace of God, you have already reached a high level of prayer, keep up the practice of saying the Holy Rosary if you wish to remain in that state and if you hope to grow in humility. For never will anyone who says the Rosary every day become a formal heretic or be led astray by the devil. This is a statement that I would gladly sign with my blood."

~~St. Louis de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 07:09:32 AM »

I love his statements on those who devoutly say the rosary! It can be a very hard prayer to pray! But it has priceless rewards to encourage it!

martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »

Does anyone use the Scriptural Rosary whereby a line of scripture concerning the mystery is read between each Hail Mary?
I find it a perfect way to keeop focused on the mystery and at times it feels like your almost there in the scene.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 05:07:04 PM »

Does anyone use the Scriptural Rosary whereby a line of scripture concerning the mystery is read between each Hail Mary?
I find it a perfect way to keeop focused on the mystery and at times it feels like your almost there in the scene.

Oh, that's a good idea to focus on the mysteries. I'll try that.  Its a common complaint that the mind tends to wander. However it would prolong the Rosary  when children are saying it, and I know my children are not too patient. Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 05:13:07 PM »

I used to use that! I had forgotten about it.

I've been trying to use Marian devotional books like St. Louis and St. Alphonsus's to help. Smiley

martin
Established

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »

Oh, that's a good idea to focus on the mysteries. I'll try that.  Its a common complaint that the mind tends to wander. However it would prolong the Rosary  when children are saying it, and I know my children are not too patient. Cheesy

It does take a little longer but it actually feels shorter because of the fact that your attention remains focusrd and it may even bring it to life forthe kids,
it may be worth a try to see how it goes  Smiley

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
martin
Established

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »

I used to use that! I had forgotten about it.

I've been trying to use Marian devotional books like St. Louis and St. Alphonsus's to help. Smiley
[/quote]

I borrowered a book from a friend once by St Alphonsus. He recommended that I use it for Rosary meditation and it was just the thing I needed at the time. I had to return the book but I memeorised some of the key teachings and still call them to mind when praying the rosary. He is an exceptional saint.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 05:40:39 PM »

Hmm.. I wonder if I could possible organize the saints' quotations for sufficient variable meditations for each of the mysteries. Might be a good website addition.

martin
Established

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »

Possibly even one mystery at a time and post each one when complete.
It could be time consuming work and don't think we'll complain if takes a forever Smiley

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »

I'm pretty sold on the idea if I can just gather enough material. It'll take time, but the rosary is a high priority in and of itself.  Cheesy

If I can get, say, 10 different quotes applicable for each mystery, do a separate page per mystery, and clickable advancing through it, I think that'd be enough to launch it, and I would use it myself to help my meditations, which I must add I always desperately need help with.

martin
Established

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 06:01:23 PM »

Seems like Our Lady ain't gonna let ya off the hook on this one boxing

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »

Heheh. Hmm. If we got fancy we could even do random images too for each, if there were sufficient. But that's unlikely for now.

Well, I am inspired enough to work on a template page and do a little quote gathering. Thanks Martin!

I am always looking for ways to make the Rosary easier on me, and when I find something I will use, I like to make it available for everyone.

So far I'm liking the look of the template!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »

Hm.. temple and intellect.. presentation of the child Jesus in..

I could definitely get some wide ranging quotes in for these mysteries.. probably will have to too..

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day: Holy Rosary « previous next »
Jump to: