Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:00:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Technical Support  |  Topic: Help me Test Out the Rosary Pages! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Help me Test Out the Rosary Pages!  (Read 33269 times)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »

His sufferings had absolutely no benefit for Himself. He as God the Son already enjoyed the fullness of eternal glory with the Father and His perfection could not be increased. By suffering   He had no extra reward to claim at the end of it all.
The only sense I can make of it is that because of this terrible suffering He endured there is no one on earth who can say, “God doesn’t love me.” And even when we do love Him back, this too can add nothing to His Glory, Happiness or Perfection, it can only contribute to our own.
It was all for us dear Lord. It was all for us.

Martinfegan, that was so touching to read. A new thought for me to meditate on while saying the Sorrowful mysteries. That He suffered everything for us, that He laid down His Crown for us, to come dwell with us ungrateful creatures. I will never be able to fathom it in my lifetime.

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »

Patricia the most shameful part for me is when I reflect that if I were the only one in the world who needed redemption, the good Lord would have went and done it all just for me.
Even with the meagre sense of justice and conscience I have, what a shame on me if I couldn’t find it in my heart to respond to such love. And indeed the shame still remains when I see plainly how little I do respond and how can I love so little all my dear brothers and sisters who share His very same humanity and He would go to the cross again for each single one of them if it could bring them to love Him.
These thoughts just burn me up to the point where I would just give up but for the knowledge that He still loves me and what He endured leaves me that I cannot doubt this without causing Him even more offense.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »

So true, Martinfegan.  How patient He must be with us inspite of our constant failings.

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 01:52:12 PM »

And indeed the shame still remains when I see plainly how little I do respond and how can I love so little all my dear brothers and sisters who share His very same humanity and He would go to the cross again for each single one of them if it could bring them to love Him.

Martin, this puzzles me that He do this for each person, that He could give up heaven and living with His Father all for the Love of us. Then to choose to suffer so incredibly. The only people I could imagine giving up and suffering for so completely are my child and grandchildren, but probably all mothers would and that's an instinct for even some animal mothers.
His Glory and Awesomeness is so all-encompassing!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »

Hmm.. I've been working on other things, think it's time I get back to this. On the other hand.. I may hit the sack early today. Well, first opportunity I get!

Back to work!

It's the variety that makes it good! One day it's new buttons, the next its editing the next book, then back to the quotes! Cheesy

And all the while with our little family here. Cheesy

Thanks for everything!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »

By the way, Shin. I just found something for saying a Rosary. It has the mystery and then the fruit of it.

The Annunciation = humility
The Visitation = charity
The Nativity = poverty
The Presentation = obedience
The Finding of Jesus in the Temple = Joy in Jesus (This one I, as a convert, thought of the finding Real Presence in the Temple)

The Agony in the Garden = trust in God
The Scouring at the Pillar = purity
The Crowning with Thorns = humility
The Carrying of the Cross = patience
The Crucifixion = perseverance

The Resurrection = faith
The Ascension = hope
The Descent of the Holy Spirit = courage
The Assumption of Mary into Heaven = Mary's Help
The Coronation of Mary = Queen of Heaven

I don't know that you need anymore thoughts, but I posted this just in case it might help.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 06:48:30 PM »

Oh, I always need more. Smiley Never could have enough. Not possible.

Thank you, this is good stuff!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 05:57:19 AM »

Work has progressed to the point where now we have at least a few meditations for the Sorrowful Mysteries, and more technical corrections have been made to the pages.  crucifix

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 07:33:29 AM »

The rosary pages are nearly ready for public release.

Only some minor editing is left, along with additional quotations for each of the pages, but we have at least a small number of quotes for each mystery, and the main work is to expand these so that there are sufficient variety and then the release.

If you have any quotations on the rosary mysteries to share please suggest them. Cheesy

Thank you Patricia for the St. Padre Pio quotes!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 07:35:29 AM »

The work in progress can be viewed in here:

The Holy Rosary pages.

Feel free to try them out folks and make any suggestions and report any difficulties! This will be a help!

Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »

Excellent job, Shin and so helpful during meditation !  littlewings I liked the picture of Mother Mary too and is that St. Simon or Dominic?

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »

It's St. Dominic!  Grin It would be good to have an image of St. Simon receiving the scapular too I am thinking and a brown scapular page someday!  Grin

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »

Excellent job, Shin and so helpful during meditation !  littlewings I liked the picture of Mother Mary too and is that St. Simon or Dominic?

Help with rosary meditation is what I've always needed, and so I'm very happy how this has gone!  Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 05:58:43 AM »

The pages are truly close to being launched, but there aren't enough quotes for the Fifth Glorious Mystery.

So I'd like to encourage folks, if you have quotes from the saints relating to Our Lady's coronation..

Please post them.  Cheesy

'Then all the angels came to salute her, and she, the great queen, thanked all for the assistance they had given her on earth, especially thanking the Archangel St. Gabriel, who was the happy ambassador of all her glories, when he came to announce to her that she was to be made mother of God. Then the humble and holy Virgin, kneeling, adores the divine majesty, and wholly lost in the consciousness of her nothingness, thanks him for all the graces bestowed upon her solely by his goodness, and especially for having made her mother of the eternal Word. Let those who can, comprehend with what love the most holy Trinity blessed her. Let them comprehend what a welcome the eternal Father gave to his daughter, the Son to his mother, the Holy Spirit to his spouse. The Father crowns her by sharing with her his power, the Son his wisdom, the Holy spirit his love. And all the three divine persons establishing her throne at the right hand of Jesus, declare her universal queen of heaven and of earth, and command angels and all other creatures to recognize her for their queen, and as queen to serve and obey her.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2011, 10:29:44 PM »

Ok I'll share if I find any. Smiley

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »

Ok I'll share if I find any. Smiley

Me too.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Technical Support  |  Topic: Help me Test Out the Rosary Pages! « previous next »
Jump to: