Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Archive  |  Topic: Announcement: Administrator Trip 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Announcement: Administrator Trip  (Read 9572 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2010, 12:07:22 PM »

Dear Friends and Family,

My dear family!

fishie lilo thrones cherubim  flower angel yellow  tiny angel  lovemug  rejoice

I will be off on a trip!

I will be taking a trip to upstate NY, where my tiny old house is finally near prepared to put up for sale.

I'll be boxing the final things up, selling a few last big things off (hope I can find someone with a pickup truck!), and visiting my relatives.

This will be from this Monday the 26th till next Monday.

No fridge up there! And not much furniture! Unless I can borrow a mini fridge from the relations! Going to be a little bit spartan life!  Grin

I'll only be able to access the forums when I stop off at the local library and use the Internet there. I will pop in briefly.

And thankfully you'll be in the good hands of Brigid and Martin too while I am gone.  Cheesy

I hope to visit with my old favorite priest up there and get a lot of house cleaning done.

Take good care, enjoy yourselves, don't forget to have a cup of tea and say a prayer with me spiritually. And you will as always be in my prayers, especially so.  crucifix

You'll be missed! Take care folks!

God be all the more with you always!

Sincerely in Christ,

Shin

littlewings

Sts. Christopher, Anthony, Michael, and Raphael, orate pro nobis! Ave Maria! Salve Regina!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:13:18 PM by Shin » Logged

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »

Have a safe and successful trip , Shin.  Hope it is the last one you have to take for your house to get sold and I pray you find a good buyer.  littleprayer

Come back soon!!   flower flower flower

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 12:47:58 PM »

St. Joseph ora pro nobis!!  Cheesy

Thank you Patricia!!!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:47:07 PM »

No fridge up there! And not much furniture! Unless I can borrow a mini fridge from the relations! Going to be a little bit spartan life! 

You'll like that a lot!  cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer go with you for you (and for your house selling, if that be His Will).

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »

I've got a nice styrofoam chest full of melting ice to keep things cool! Does the trick!

Things are getting emptier and emptier, Deo Gratias!  crucifix

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 05:55:58 PM »

Deus, in adjutorium.
Domine, ad adjuvandum me festina     sweat drop

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:01:30 PM »

Ah! That reminds me I've had the Gregorian chant playing extra sinec I'm up here! Great stuff!

Ah I see Martin's offline now i think! Good to see you Martin!

Good to see you Brigid!

My library time is running out so let me say my take cares! Be seeing you and don't forget to say some prayers for me up here! We'll all bear our sufferings and pray together!  Cheesy

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 06:02:38 PM »

Ah! That reminds me I've had the Gregorian chant playing extra sinec I'm up here! Great stuff!

Ah I see Martin's offline now i think! Good to see you Martin!

Good to see you Brigid!

My library time is running out so let me say my take cares! Be seeing you and don't forget to say some prayers for me up here! We'll all bear our sufferings and pray together!  Cheesy
cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer

Take care.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »

Be happy!  Cheesy  cross prayer angel yellow fishie lilo tiny angel

martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »

Good to hear fom you Shin.
Quite an eventful trip so far by all accounts and seems like the angels are with you  Seraphim

I've got a nice styrofoam chest full of melting ice to keep things cool! Does the trick!

Things are getting emptier and emptier, Deo Gratias!  crucifix

To think that less than 50 years ago the fridge was an exceptional luxury item very few possesed.
How did our parents manage?   Huh? Thank the Lord for all the things I take for granted  cross prayer

Take care. Our prayers are with you  cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer and the angels too :principalities:

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »

To think that less than 50 years ago the fridge was an exceptional luxury item very few possesed.
How did our parents manage?    Thank the Lord for all the things I take for granted 

My grandmother told me once that she could do without all of the modern conveniences, except the vacuum (cleanliness was an obsession with her) and the microwave. She said the phone (old landline) was useful for emergencies, but generally letters did the job (she never experienced the internet). She was also interested in outer space and wanted to be an astronaut along with enjoying the current weather knowledge (she was from a midwest farm and weather was one of the main topics of conversation). All told she thought the one-room schoolhouse, etc. much preferable to the "knowledge" society has attained.

martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »

And I bet she uttered many words of wisdom too as my dear gran did.
They certainly lived a much more detatched life and never found it a burden.
God bless our dear grandparents.  crucifix

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »

It was fun to listen to her stories - and my great-grandmother I met once when I was 6 told me about taking the wagon west (Penn to Arkansas) then flying at 89 to WA, plus her episodes with the Native Americans when she was little (one of the fierce tribes, apparently).

It's strange to know that we may see them again (and that they may be watching over us right now). Little Angel

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Archive  |  Topic: Announcement: Administrator Trip « previous next »
Jump to: