Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Poetry Corner. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Poetry Corner.  (Read 34495 times)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »

Snow on mountains;

Pretty sight;

Winter is coming.

(it's true too  Cheesy)

That's really nice. Cheesy

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »

Truly it is. The little haiku rings, like a little flash of light on the snowy mountaintop. Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 06:33:16 PM »

The little haiku rings, like a little flash of light on the snowy mountaintop.

Great prose as usual, Shin.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »

The little haiku rings, like a little flash of light on the snowy mountaintop.

Great prose as usual, Shin.

Uh.. You're so kind Brigid..  Grin Truly kind. if I start spouting poetry do me and everyone a favor and put a stop to it immediately. It's bad enough what I do with prose. Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 06:37:07 PM »

It's bad enough what I do with prose.

We need a shaking head smilie.

martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 06:39:09 PM »

Shin that was good.

If we keep going we may be able to give up our day jobs.  Grin

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 06:41:18 PM »

I suppose it would be a good way to be shunned by all mankind and enter into a life of holy poverty Martin.

I am still gathering more smilies..

Though if we had a shaking head smilie Brigid.. would you be able to catch him? So many of them have gone under cover.  Cool

Cheesy

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »

Shin that was good.

If we keep going we may be able to give up our day jobs.  Grin

Spoken like a true Irishman. Grin irishwisdom

martin
Established

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 06:46:41 PM »

I suppose it would be a good way to be shunned by all mankind and enter into a life of holy poverty Martin.

Hahaha..  rotfl happy roll happy roll

I wonder would it be an acceptable reason for joining the religios life that no where else would have me.  Cheesy

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »

I wonder would it be an acceptable reason for joining the religios life that no where else would have me.  Cheesy

Umph, if I wrote that in my submission letter I wonder how far I would get! Cheesy

They might start practicing the old discipline of leaving a person begging outside the gates for ages!  Cheesy

One can always run off to live in the desert as a hermit I suppose still. Until you're arrested for trespassing on public land.  Roll Eyes

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 06:54:57 PM »

Umph, if I wrote that in my submission letter I wonder how far I would get! Cheesy

They might start practicing the old discipline of leaving a person begging outside the gates for ages!  Cheesy

One can always run off to live in the desert as a hermit I suppose still. Until you're arrested for trespassing on public land.  Roll Eyes
Grin Grin Roll Eyes Grin Grin

martin
Established

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »

I think my phobia of vultures would be the ultimate deterant for the desert life.  Cheesy

I'm not best friends with crows either but at least they're small enough to at least tolerate.   Undecided

Did you know that a gathering of crows is called a Murder? That's enough for me.  Shocked

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 07:14:01 PM »

I think my phobia of vultures would be the ultimate deterant for the desert life.  Cheesy

I'm not best friends with crows either but at least they're small enough to at least tolerate.   Undecided

Did you know that a gathering of crows is called a Murder? That's enough for me.  Shocked

happy roll

Yes, I know! A murder! Reminds me how my poor grandmother had a bit of a phobia about birds ever after watching that Hitchcock movie, 'the Birds'.

They used to get into my garbage upstate, tear apart the bags with their beaks, so I had to be more careful putting it out. If you offend them, they're pretty intelligent, so they can go after you for awhile after that I hear.

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »

Isn't there a story about St. Benedict and a crow? Or was it a raven? Huh?

martin
Established

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »

Isn't there a story about St. Benedict and a crow? Or was it a raven? Huh?

Was it a good story or a bad one?

I read too that St Thomas Aquinas had a phobia of thunder. He used to hide under his bed in thunder storm.

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 07:29:19 PM »

Was it a good story or a bad one?

I've heard both - one that had a crow/raven save his life and also one in which St. Benedict crossed himself whenever he saw one saying that they were demons. confused

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Poetry Corner. « previous next »
Jump to: