Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:47:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Archive  |  Topic: Announcement: Appearance Modifications 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Announcement: Appearance Modifications  (Read 15176 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2010, 01:35:47 PM »

I anticipate over the next week, God willing, modifications being made to the forum appearance.

I'll post here when they are finished, in the meantime, things may change, then change again, one way or another.

If you run into any errors or bugs, please be patient until the modifications are over, but while the modifications are going on if they persist for more than a day, you can notify me about them.

Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »

Well, that was quicker than I thought.

More to do, but the main work is in place, and appears to be functioning properly.

So, if you notice any bugs that persist, please let me know.

I will still be making changes, and if you are online while I am making them, you will notice glitches but they should be brief as I quickly notice and correct them too.

Deo gratias et Mariae semper Virgini!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »

Brigid, if you notice anything wrong let me know especially, since you use a Mac and I can't test for those on my own.

Any Mac users, I'm interested in technical feedback on a variety of issues, if you have a Mac and can help by looking at some things and letting me know if they work properly, please if you can send me a PM and we will do so. Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »

Oh and, both positive and critical comments on the appearance alterations appreciated from all. Adjustments can be made. Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 03:43:44 PM »

Hmm, the theme of the newly included illustrations.. If I could take it and run with it and make the entire forum follow it, I would.

A bit too much work at the moment, but I'd like this whole place to look like a page in an ancient prayer book, that one had just opened to.

Well, we'll see how it goes.

Caught unable to make the next modification, can't figure out the way the program works for it. Think I'll take a break for a bit and come back with fresh eyes.

May God bless you all I pray.  crucifix

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »

Might remove the top right image, see how that goes for a bit, it may be too busy with three, and two may be enough.

Now.. time to break from this work.

martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 04:33:58 PM »

Might remove the top right image, see how that goes for a bit, it may be too busy with three, and two may be enough.

Now.. time to break from this work.

I agree Shin.. Focusing on that main image just says it all. Our Lord surrounded by His saints and angels. We all hope to be part of that Holy Alliance some day we pray.  cross prayer

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 07:03:08 AM »

Testing out new placement, however I have more to do with putting in a proper news box and I wish to move the calendar to the top level too if possible so important dates, feast days, etc. are more prominent.

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 05:56:02 PM »

I really like it so far. [applause] I'll be looking forward to the next modifications. (Oh, btw just one smilie on the 'more' page now.)

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »

I'm curious too. What do you have in store for us Shin?

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »

Well.. I don't want to spoil the surprise..

I can't quite get it working yet, still tinkering.. almost there. Almost!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 12:32:06 AM »

Rotating images for the top and bottom have been installed. The bottom should change once per hour from 3 different images, the top once per day from 11.

Let me know if they give you any trouble.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 12:53:55 AM »

Will do some touch ups on the illustrations as time allows.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »

How are the images showing up on your Mac Brigid? OK?

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »

How are the images showing up on your Mac Brigid? OK?

The new ones are fine (only the smilies don't). The new images are beautiful, too!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 07:37:17 PM »

Glad to hear it!

The Mystery of the Missing Smilies is a three pipe problem!  irishwisdom

We will solve it one of these days!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Archive  |  Topic: Announcement: Appearance Modifications « previous next »
Jump to: