Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 10:46:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Stories of prayers answered with St. Anthony's help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stories of prayers answered with St. Anthony's help  (Read 2946 times)
ygnacia

~Ad Jesum Per Mariam~

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2011, 02:51:11 AM »

A friend and I have a blog dedicated to St. Anthony, with lots of stories of prayers answered through his intersession - I personally find them edifying, inspirational. Does anyone have any St. Anthony of Padua stories to share?

"So shines a good deed in a weary world"
~Willy Wonka
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:15:12 AM »

Well, I can say St. Anthony is always helping me find things when they are lost. I look around, then a say the prayer, and normally there whatever I have lost is.

I always pray to St. Anthony along with three other saints before beginning or ending a journey. St. Christopher, St. Anthony, St. Michael, St. Raphael, pray for us. (orate pro nobis). That's for a safe trip, all these saints to my mind being especially suited for one having a good and happy trip. So when one goes out to drive.. a short and simple prayer. Deo gratias.

And certainly, they have helped me out to prevent some accidents that way, driving along, as well as always to simply have safe and good trips, and having pleasant encounters with folks along the journey. If my car breaks down -- the prayers help for rescue to be at hand.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 07:16:50 AM »

Welcome to the Saints' Discussion Forums ygnacia!

So happy to have you here!

Go ahead and join everyone for a cup of coffee or tea in the Daily Life forum if you wish!  :teaandcoffee: And on the introductions thread too! Be very glad to hear from you and have you a part of the forum family here!  Grin

thrones cherubim tiny angel  :principalities: tiny angel cherubim thrones

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
ygnacia

~Ad Jesum Per Mariam~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »

Welcome to the Saints' Discussion Forums ygnacia!

So happy to have you here!

Go ahead and join everyone for a cup of coffee or tea in the Daily Life forum if you wish!  :teaandcoffee: And on the introductions thread too! Be very glad to hear from you and have you a part of the forum family here!  Grin

thrones cherubim tiny angel  :principalities: tiny angel cherubim thrones

Thank you for your kind welcome~  happywave

"So shines a good deed in a weary world"
~Willy Wonka
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Stories of prayers answered with St. Anthony's help « previous next »
Jump to: