Saints' Discussion Forums

Forums => Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion => Topic started by: CyrilSebastian on March 30, 2019, 10:55:28 PM



Title: St. Joaquina de Vedruna
Post by: CyrilSebastian on March 30, 2019, 10:55:28 PM
                             On January 6, 1826, during a Mass, at the age of forty-two, Joaquina de Vedruna de Mas took the   
                              three vows of religion at the hands of Bishop Corcuera. Even as a religious, she remained   
very close to her children.       
 
 :mommaandbaby: :mommaandbaby: :mommaandbaby: :mommaandbaby: :mommaandbaby: :mommaandbaby:


Title: Re: St. Joaquina de Vedruna
Post by: CyrilSebastian on April 03, 2019, 10:44:53 PM
                                   Joaquima de Vedruna was born in Barcelona, Spain on April 16, 1783.   
                                    Her father Llorenc de Vedruna was a notary in Barcelona's royal   
                                    chancery. Her mother was Teresa Vidal. At the age of twelve, Joaquima   
                                     felt a call from God to religious life.


Title: Re: St. Joaquina de Vedruna
Post by: CyrilSebastian on April 19, 2020, 01:59:58 AM
Joaquina's childhood was a pious one and she fostered a special devotion to the Infant Jesus.


Title: Re: St. Joaquina de Vedruna
Post by: CyrilSebastian on January 13, 2021, 10:40:48 PM
Joaquima embarked on founding a new women's order of nurses and schoolteachers dedicated to serving the poor.   
She showed a pronounced appetite for liturgical prayers, whose richness and savor she penetrated.


Title: Re: St. Joaquina de Vedruna
Post by: CyrilSebastian on July 27, 2021, 11:05:36 PM
Napoleon's invasion saw Joaquina flee with her children.   
Her husband insisted that he remain to fight as a volunteer and he died on March 6, 1816.


Title: Re: St. Joaquina de Vedruna
Post by: CyrilSebastian on July 22, 2022, 10:40:41 PM
The Bishop of Vic Pablo Jesus Corcuera told Joaquina the institute should be a Carmelite inspiration.   
She made her vows to the bishop on January 6, 1826.