Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Scripture quotes that are very optimistic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scripture quotes that are very optimistic  (Read 4667 times)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »

Isaiah 49:15

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.

[the 'you' being singular]

Hebrews 12:5-8

...my son, when the Lord corrects you, do not treat it lightly; but do not get discouraged when He reprimands you. For the Lord trains the ones He loves and He punishes all those that He acknowledges as His sons. Suffering is part of your training....

What are some that particularly strike you?

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:34:07 PM »

Because he hoped in me I will deliver him: I will protect him because he hath known my name.

He shall cry to me, and I will hear him: I am with him in tribulation, I will deliver him, and I will glorify him.

I will fill him with length of days; and I will shew him my salvation.

Psalm 91

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Bailey2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »

God is love and he who abides in love abides in God and God in him(her).  `1John 4:16

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 11:10:47 PM »

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his name sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23

'Happy indeed the man whom God corrects! So do not refuse this lesson from the Omnipotent: for He who wounds is He who soothes the sore, and the hand that hurts is the hand that heals.'

Job 5:17-18

'A blessing on the man who puts his trust in the Lord, with the Lord for his hope. He is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream: when the heat comes it feels no alarm, its foliage stays green; it has no worries in a year of drought, and never ceases to bear fruit.'

Jeremiah 17:7-8

'I know the plans I have in mind for you - it is the Lord who speaks - plans for peace, not disaster, reserving a future full of hope for you. When you seek me you shall find me, when you seek me with all your heart.'

Jeremiah 29:11,13

'Learn, too, to be grateful.

May all the wealth of Christ's inspiration have its shrine among you; now you will have instruction and advice for one another, full of wisdom, now there will be psalms, and hymns, and spiritual music, as you sing with gratitude in your hearts to God. Whatever you are about, in word and action alike, invoke always the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, offering your thanks to God the Father through him.'

Colossians 3:16-17

'For the rest, brethren, whatsoever is true, whatsoever is modest, whatsoever is just, whatsoever is pure, whatsoever is lovely, whatsoever is gracious, if there is any virtue, if there is any discipline worthy of praise, think on these.'

Philippians 4:8

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Scripture quotes that are very optimistic « previous next »
Jump to: