Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Submissions  |  Topic: Prayers for Women/Mothers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prayers for Women/Mothers  (Read 6485 times)
RachelKH
Established

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »

Lord,
You are intimately acquainted with my ways.
You love me and always have my best interests at heart.
I thank you for Your power, for Your patience, and for Your compassion.
I ask you to help me walk as a Godly woman, in the path of love with You and with others.
Amen

My Loving Creator,
You know how really tired I am. On days when things are really frantic, I consider how you made the world in seven days -- and then I try to remember that you aren't asking me to re-create that feat.
Please help me to remain a loving mother to my children and to keep some balance in my life. Help me to remember that you are with me in every packed hour of every day. As I am finishing a work project or planning dinner or buying the kids shoes, (sometimes all at the same time) help me to remember your loving care for me and let me sometimes stop for a moment and just submerge myself in that comfort.
Most of all, my caring Father, let me remember to ask for help and to rely on you for strength when I have none left; for patience when mine is so often gone; and for the wisdom and endless well of compassion and love I need in my job as mother.
Amen.

Dearest Lord,
I sit here quietly in the my room, opening my heart to you. It is so silent! But if I listen intently, I become aware of the breathing of my children in beds down the hall. They sigh softly or move in their beds quietly, nestled warmly into their dreams. These most intimate sounds, coming from the people I love most in the world, transform this room. It becomes a place of honoring you, a cathedral of joy and gratitude toward you for giving me these children.
May I always treasure these gifts you have given me. In each moment of loving them, from kisses to laundry to kitchen, may I be aware of your presence in my life in this way. Thank you!
Amen.

Heavenly Father help me to persevere, to strive where my will is weak, and to begin again where I have failed, that whatever I lack in love, I may put right in the trying. Amen.
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »

AMEN! littleprayer

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:58:14 PM »

But if I listen intently, I become aware of the breathing of my children in beds down the hall. They sigh softly or move in their beds quietly, nestled warmly into their dreams. These most intimate sounds, coming from the people I love most in the world, transform this room. It becomes a place of honoring you, a cathedral of joy and gratitude toward you for giving me these children.
May I always treasure these gifts you have given me. In each moment of loving them, from kisses to laundry to kitchen, may I be aware of your presence in my life in this way. Thank you!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
RachelKH
Established

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:03:38 PM »

Virgin all excelling,
Mildest of the mild,
Freed from guilt, preserve us
Meek and undefiled.

Keep our life all spotless,
Make our way secure,
Till we find in Jesus
Joy for evermore.

Through the highest heaven
To the Almighty Three,
Father, Son, and Spirit,
One same glory be.  Amen

Manual of the Servant of Mary
A Grail Publication, 1946

Heavenly Father help me to persevere, to strive where my will is weak, and to begin again where I have failed, that whatever I lack in love, I may put right in the trying. Amen.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:05:39 PM »

Virgin all excelling,
Mildest of the mild,
Freed from guilt, preserve us
Meek and undefiled.

Keep our life all spotless,
Make our way secure,
Till we find in Jesus
Joy for evermore.

Through the highest heaven
To the Almighty Three,
Father, Son, and Spirit,
One same glory be.  Amen

Manual of the Servant of Mary
A Grail Publication, 1946

Oh I truly love this one. I wish I could read that manual!

It has to go into the Prayers database. Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 09:21:55 PM »

I also love that prayer and would like to get my hands on that manual!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Jacki
Established

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 12:28:09 PM »

The Most Important Person on Earth
The most important person on earth is a mother. She can not claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has built something more magnificent that any cathedral-- a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body.

"The angels have not been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God's Creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creatures. God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation."

"What on God's good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother?"--Joseph Cardinal Mindszenty.

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best." St. Jerome
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »

Notre Dame Cathedral, built in honor of a mother! Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Submissions  |  Topic: Prayers for Women/Mothers « previous next »
Jump to: