Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2020, 12:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 782290 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3400 on: July 01, 2020, 03:16:28 AM »

'O virgins, know you this, that while you retain your Virginity you are ever accompanied with Angels. Not so is it with her who is married, and is joined in matrimony. Knowest thou not that the merit of the virgin is said to be one hundred, and the merit of the married woman thirty, and of the widow sixty? Seest thou by how much the virgin doth exceed the other estates? O virgins be wise to maintain yourselves as you are; flee the sight of man!'

St. Bernardine of Siena

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3401 on: July 02, 2020, 04:55:13 AM »

'Know that of all devotions the most pleasing to Mary is to have frequent recourse to her, asking for favors.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3402 on: July 03, 2020, 01:49:52 AM »

'Nothing is stronger than prayer in its action, nothing more effective in winning God's favor.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3403 on: July 04, 2020, 01:43:14 AM »

'According to St. Bonaventure, all the angels in heaven unceasingly call out to her: "Holy, holy, holy Mary, Virgin Mother of God." They greet her countless times each day with the angelic greeting, "Hail, Mary", while prostrating themselves before her, begging her as a favour to honour them with one of her requests. According to St. Augustine, even St. Michael, though prince of all the heavenly court, is the most eager of all the angels to honour her and lead others to honour her. At all times he awaits the privilege of going at her word to the aid of one of her servants.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3404 on: July 05, 2020, 01:40:19 AM »

'Would that I were all aflame with love! More than that: would that I could sing hymns of praise in the fire of love, and extol the marvellous mercies that uncreated love has bestowed on us! Is it not truly a duty to thank God for His gifts? Yes, doubtless, but I know not how. I wish to do so, and I know not how.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3405 on: Yesterday at 12:26:25 AM »

'It is as a general rule a bad sign when a man has not a particular feeling of devotion on the chief feasts of the year.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3406 on: Yesterday at 12:47:19 AM »

'We ought to employ ourselves in compassionating our loving Mother in Her grief over the sufferings of Her Son. In return, She will comfort and console us and at the hour of death, will show us Her sweet face and deliver us from all fear. She will take us under Her protecting mantle, and with the sword that transpierced Her most pure Heart, She will defend us against our enemy.'

St. Gabriel Possenti of the Sorrowful Mother

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: