Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 07, 2023, 08:19:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1079645 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4336 on: February 01, 2023, 12:02:49 AM »

'How can you, by love, make your own the sufferings of our sweet Jesus? God will teach you how when it pleases Him, for He alone can do so. The soul inflamed with the love of God, without distraction, in pure and simple faith, suddenly finds herself, when God pleases, penetrated with the sufferings of Jesus; in a glance of faith she sees them all, without understanding; for the Passion of Our Saviour is a labor of love, and the soul thus lost in God, Who is all charity, all love, makes of herself a fount of love and sorrow.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4337 on: February 02, 2023, 09:06:33 PM »

'Never keep up any coldness towards your neighbor, or else the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ will keep aloof from you. When your resentfully call to mind former slights that you have received, you oblige our Lord to recall your past sins which His mercy had made Him forget.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4338 on: February 03, 2023, 12:06:31 AM »

'A Christian during the whole course of his life should, like unto Jesus, be on the cross. It would be an act of rashness to descend therefrom, since Jesus Christ did not descend, even when the Jews offered to believe in Him. The time for driving out the nails of His cross was only after death, there is then no time to extract the nails whilst we live, -- we must wait until our sacrifice is consummated: Non est tempus evellendi clavos."

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4339 on: February 04, 2023, 02:02:30 AM »

'A wise man pays careful attention to himself, and by freely choosing to suffer escapes the suffering that comes unsought.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4340 on: February 05, 2023, 02:39:39 AM »

'Our enemy the devil, who fights with us in order to vanquish us, seeks to disunite us in our houses, and to breed quarrels, dislikes, contests, and rivalries, because while we are fighting with each other, he comes and conquers us, and makes us more securely his own.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4341 on: Yesterday at 08:50:12 PM »

'For we are the children of the saints, and look for that life which God will give to those that never change their faith from him.'

Tobias 2:18

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4342 on: Today at 01:56:18 AM »

'If someone praises you hypocritically, be sure that in due course he will vilify you.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: