Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 09, 2020, 04:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 764686 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3298 on: April 02, 2020, 02:27:01 AM »

'Our actions disclose what goes on within us, just as its fruit makes known a tree otherwise unknown to us.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3299 on: April 03, 2020, 01:49:27 AM »

'A sinner cannot escape retribution except through repentance appropriate to his offence.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3300 on: April 05, 2020, 01:01:56 AM »

'When the intellect practices the virtues correctly, it advances in moral understanding. When it practices contemplation, it advances in spiritual knowledge. The first leads the spiritual contestant to discriminate between virtue and vice; the second leads the participant to the inner qualities of incorporeal and corporeal things. Finally, the intellect is granted the grace of theology when, carried on wings of love beyond these two former stages, it is taken up into God and with the help of the Holy Spirit discerns - as far as this is possible for the human intellect - the qualities of God.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3301 on: April 06, 2020, 01:29:16 AM »

'One day the Lord caused me to hear these words at the foot of the tabernacle: "My son, he who embraces Me embraces thorns." Oh, what a grace! Oh, what a gift!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3302 on: April 07, 2020, 12:01:15 AM »

'Hold any man's salvation at greater value than all the treasures of the world.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3303 on: Yesterday at 01:37:31 AM »

'Let us go to the foot of the Cross, and there complain -- if we have the courage.'

St. Madeleine Sophie Barat

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3304 on: Today at 02:06:33 AM »

'Brethren, says St. Paul, let the great business of your eternal salvation be the sole object of all your care.

It is the most important affair, because if the soul be lost, all is lost.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3305 on: Today at 02:07:18 AM »

'There is where I study my sermon - at the foot of the crucifix.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: