Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 09, 2020, 06:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 409268 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1751 on: April 27, 2020, 02:19:06 AM »

'It is obligatory on us to lead to Jesus Christ our Lord, by the most direct and surest path, those who live under the same roof with us.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1752 on: April 28, 2020, 12:33:22 AM »

'What consolation does one not experience in carrying the Cross with Jesus? What joys inundate the heart of one who is in sanctifying grace?'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1753 on: April 29, 2020, 12:59:03 AM »

'He who loves Me, says the Lord, will keep My commandments (cf. John 14:15, 23); and "this is My commandment, that you love one another" (John 15:12). Thus he who does not love his neighbor fails to keep the commandment, and so cannot love the Lord.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1754 on: April 29, 2020, 10:58:17 AM »

'With Him we shall always live, having become sons of God through Him; with Him we shall always rejoice, having been restored by His blood.'

St. Cyprian of Carthage

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1755 on: April 30, 2020, 12:22:53 AM »

'I commend to you devotion in helping your neighbor's soul in such a manner, that you always have a care of your own, to preserve and perfect it in every kind of virtue to the glory of the Lord our God.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1756 on: May 01, 2020, 02:43:50 AM »

'In passing from a bad state to a good one there is no need of counsel, but in passing from a good one to a better, time, counsel, and prayer must go to the decision.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1757 on: May 02, 2020, 12:12:01 AM »

'As those thick vapours which rise from damp and wet places, cover the heavens with clouds and prevent the rays of the sun from reaching us; so also from surfeiting and drunkenness, smoke and vapour as it were rise within us, that obscure our reason, and deprive us of the rays of divine light'

St. Basil the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1758 on: May 03, 2020, 07:42:46 AM »

'Blessed the one who has not been made drunk by wine like a prodigal, but has been made glad each day by the memory of the Lord, in whom all the Saints rejoice continually.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1759 on: May 04, 2020, 02:26:21 AM »

'As I have often told you, there is nothing so vile as the impure soul. There was once a saint who had asked the good God to show him one; and he saw the poor soul like a dead beast that has been dragged through the streets in the hot sun for a week.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1760 on: May 05, 2020, 01:47:44 AM »

'Poverty, so much abhorred by the world, is a precious pearl, and in the sight of God contains all wealth.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1761 on: May 07, 2020, 03:46:23 AM »

'Enlighten me, O Lord! and make known to me what I must do to be saved, for with Thy help I will do all that Thou requirest of me.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1762 on: May 08, 2020, 04:51:05 AM »

'As long as you have bad habits do not reject hardship, so that through it you may be humbled and eject your pride.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1763 on: May 10, 2020, 01:44:46 AM »

'According to St. Bonaventure, all the angels in heaven unceasingly call out to her: "Holy, holy, holy Mary, Virgin Mother of God." They greet her countless times each day with the angelic greeting, "Hail, Mary", while prostrating themselves before her, begging her as a favour to honour them with one of her requests. According to St. Augustine, even St. Michael, though prince of all the heavenly court, is the most eager of all the angels to honour her and lead others to honour her. At all times he awaits the privilege of going at her word to the aid of one of her servants.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1764 on: May 11, 2020, 01:52:22 PM »

'"Most excellent lady, were you not sanctified in your mothers' womb? How was it that you said these things? Were you not free from every sin and filled with every grace?"

"Listen, Elizabeth. Undoubtedly, daughter, I was such as you say. However, you should know this in truth, that at that time I considered myself vile and wretched and unworthy of every grace of God's, just as you now consider yourself, and even more so. And so I was always asking God that he would deign to infuse into me his grace and strength."'

The Blessed Virgin, to St. Elizabeth, from 'The Revelations of St. Elizabeth of Toss'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1765 on: May 12, 2020, 01:13:38 AM »

'We are to love God for Himself, because of a twofold reason; nothing is more reasonable, nothing more profitable. When one asks, "Why should I love God?" he may mean, "What is lovely in God?" or "What shall I gain by loving God?" In either case, the same sufficient cause of love exists, namely, God Himself.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1766 on: May 13, 2020, 02:20:03 AM »

'O Mary, O Mother of sorrows! At the foot of the cross, you became our Mother. I am the child of your sorrow, the child of Calvary.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1767 on: May 14, 2020, 03:57:45 AM »

'Perceiving the Christian religion tottering this long time, the primary means of salvation neglected; and being moved by the manifest danger and perdition of the flock of Christ, we recur to the doctrine of the Fathers, ordaining nothing new, nothing of our own invention; form the full conviction of the necessity of embracing the exclusive and primary path of salvation -- the trite path of the Saints: because we are not aware of any other entrance, for either flock or pastors, into the kingdom of heaven than that which is pointed out by him who said, I am the gate; whosever will enter through me, shall find security and pasture; and what we find preached by the Apostles, and observed by the Fathers.'

Pope St. Gregory VII

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: