Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700903 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1872 on: September 26, 2020, 02:43:26 AM »

'. . . you should know that there is present with you the angel whom God has appointed for each man. . . This angel, who is sleepless and cannot be deceived, is always present with you; he sees all things and is not hindered by darkness. You should know, too, that with him is God.'

St. Anthony of Egypt

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1873 on: September 27, 2020, 03:07:08 AM »

'Firmly control anger and desire, and you will speedily rid yourself of evil thoughts.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1874 on: September 28, 2020, 03:52:02 AM »

'We set forth our petitions before God, not in order to make known to Him our needs and desires, but rather so that we ourselves may realize that in these things it is necessary to turn to God for help.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1875 on: September 28, 2020, 12:30:02 PM »

'Some call men intelligent because they have the power of discernment on the sensible plane. But the really intelligent people are those who control their own desires.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1876 on: September 29, 2020, 03:21:57 AM »

'Nothing is more dangerous for beginners in the spiritual life, than to wish to play the master, and to guide and convert others.'

St. Philip Neri

Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 30, 2020, 12:07:18 AM »

"Beginners should look after their own conversion and be humble, lest they should fancy they had done some great thing, and so should fall into pride."
St. Philip Neri

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Glory to Th
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1878 on: September 30, 2020, 03:30:03 AM »

'When the afflictions of this life overcome us, let us encourage ourselves to bear them patiently by the hope of heaven.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1879 on: October 01, 2020, 03:19:10 AM »

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.'

Ecclesiastes 1:2

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1880 on: October 02, 2020, 01:12:20 AM »

'When you fail in simplicity and humility, you lose the friendship of the Sacred Heart. Your heart is then left like barren soil which only produces the thorns and thistles of faults and imperfections -- this refers to willful faults.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1881 on: October 03, 2020, 04:13:33 AM »

'A little suffices for the support of the body; what is superfluous, will only serve to furnish the worms with a greater feast.'

St. Benedict Joseph Labre

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: October 04, 2020, 01:41:05 AM »

'When I go to the chapel, I put myself before the good God and say to Him, "Lord, here I am, give me what You wish." If He gives me something, I am happy and I thank Him. If He gives me nothing, I thank Him still, because I do not deserve anything more. Then I tell Him all that comes into my mind. I tell Him my sorrows and my joys - and I listen.'

St. Catherine Laboure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: October 05, 2020, 04:09:17 AM »

'A spiritual communion acts on the soul as blowing does on a cinder - covered fire which was about to go out. Whenever you feel your love of God growing cold, quickly make a spiritual communion.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1884 on: October 06, 2020, 01:21:27 AM »

'Tear me with iron hooks, and talk not of my sacrificing to your devils: I have already told you, that I will sacrifice to that God alone for whom I suffer.'

St. Peter Balsam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1885 on: October 07, 2020, 01:50:18 AM »

'The saints suffered everything with joy, patience, and perseverance, because they loved. As for us, we suffer with anger, vexation, and weariness, because we do not love. If we loved God, we should love crosses, we should wish for them, we should take pleasure in them. . . We should be happy to be able to suffer for the love of Him who lovingly suffered for us.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: October 08, 2020, 01:43:31 AM »

'Our actions disclose what goes on within us, just as its fruit makes known a tree otherwise unknown to us.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1887 on: October 09, 2020, 05:02:43 AM »

'If you purify your soul of attachment to and desire for things, you will understand them spiritually. If you deny your appetite for them, you will enjoy their truth, understanding what is certain in them.'

St. John of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: