Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705032 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2320 on: May 03, 2022, 05:19:43 PM »

'We do not always rejoice in consolations; but all is for our good, whether God gives or denies it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2321 on: May 04, 2022, 10:58:36 PM »

'St. Joseph was chosen among all men, to be the protector and guardian of the Virgin Mother of God; the defender and foster-father of the Infant-God, and the only co-operator upon earth, the one confidant of the secret of God in the work of the redemption of mankind.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2322 on: May 05, 2022, 05:39:55 AM »

'At this sacred banquet contemplate the divine Child, trembling with cold, which He suffered that He might enkindle in our hearts the flames of divine love. Ah! ponder attentively this grand mystery. Consider the inconveniences, the cold, the poverty, the absence of all comforts which Jesus, Mary, and Joseph endured; and I hope that, through the goodness of God, you will form the generous resolution of becoming great saints by the faithful imitation of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2323 on: May 06, 2022, 10:23:15 PM »

'Can You see that as soon as the day breaks I think of You? As evening comes, I am near You. I am near You at every moment. I love You, Jesus!'

St. Gemma Galgani

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2324 on: May 07, 2022, 05:19:58 PM »

'One ought to speak little and hear much.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2325 on: May 08, 2022, 02:04:47 PM »

'There is nothing more dangerous in the spiritual life, than to wish to rule ourselves after our own way of thinking.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2326 on: May 09, 2022, 02:55:34 AM »

'Behold the wound in My Side where thou art to make thy dwelling now and forever. There wilt thou be able to preserve the robe of innocence with which I have clothed thy soul, so that thou mayest henceforth live the life of a Man-God, living as no longer living, that I may live perfectly in thee. . . To do this, if thou dost not wish to outrage My omnipotence and grievously offend Me, thy powers and senses must remain buried in Me. . . seeking nothing apart from Me, since I wish to be all things to thee.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2327 on: May 10, 2022, 03:26:37 AM »

'Teach the mouth to say what you have in your heart.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2328 on: May 11, 2022, 03:25:08 AM »

'Virtue and spiritual knowledge lead to immortality, their absence is the mother of death.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2329 on: May 12, 2022, 11:57:16 PM »

'An upright intention is the soul of our actions. It gives them life, and makes them good.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2330 on: May 13, 2022, 03:14:59 AM »

'Never do anything in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inward peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. Commend all to God and then lie still and be at rest in His Heart.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2331 on: May 14, 2022, 03:28:55 AM »

'O my Mother, offer me to Jesus. Take my heart and unite it with the heart of my Jesus.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2332 on: May 15, 2022, 02:21:08 AM »

'Let us never tire of prayer.'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2333 on: May 16, 2022, 03:29:03 AM »

'If we wish the Holy Spirit to teach us how to pray, we must practise humility and obedience.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2334 on: May 17, 2022, 01:35:03 AM »

'Self-love precedes all the passions, while last of all comes pride.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2335 on: May 18, 2022, 05:56:50 AM »

'"You have prepared a table before me . . ." (Ps. 23:5). In this passage, "table" stands for the practice of the virtues, for this has been prepared for us by Christ to use "against those who afflict" us. The "oil" anointing the intellect is the contemplation of created things. The "cup" of God is the knowledge of God. His "mercy" is His divine Logos. For through His incarnation the Logos pursues us "all the days" until He overtakes all those who are to be saved, as He did in the case of Paul (cf. Phil. 3:12). The "house" is the kingdom in which all the saints will dwell. "Length of days" means eternal life.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: