Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 15, 2020, 09:22:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 107 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 409836 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: April 27, 2015, 06:32:51 PM »

A beautiful and refreshing verse to hear CyrilSebastian!

'HAVE no emulation toward the malignant: neither envy them that do iniquity.

Because they shall quickly wither as grass: and as the blossoms of herbs they shall soon fall.

Hope in our Lord and do good: and inhabit the land, and thou shalt be fed in the riches thereof.

Be delighted in our Lord: and he will give thee the petitions of thy heart.

Reveal thy way to our Lord, and hope in him: and he will do it.

And he will bring forth thy justice as light: and thy judgment as midday: be subject to our Lord, and pray him.

Psalm 36:1-7

[36 in the traditional numbering, the previous then 35]

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: April 30, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »

The Letter to the Colossians, Chapter 3 Verse 9-10 states:   
              Stop lying to one another, since you have taken off the old self with its practices     
                and have put on the new self, which is being renewed, for knowledge, in the image of its creator.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #631 on: May 02, 2015, 08:26:41 PM »

'Holy Scripture tells us that whoever gives in to temptation will perish. Never fear temptation: it is useful and necessary to us. I must arm myself with prayer and have complete trust in Our Lord and great mistrust of myself. I must face every trial with profound humility and blind, simple, happy obedience.

Jesus crucified is my model. I must work tirelessly to be like him. I should not longer allow myself to be sad about anything other than offending him or having nothing to suffer for him, for love of him.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: May 04, 2015, 04:07:12 PM »

'For we are the children of the saints, and look for that life which God will give to those that never change their faith from him.'

Tobias 2:18

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 07, 2015, 07:24:58 PM »

In The Book of Proverbs, Chapter 29 Verse 5 states:   

The man who flatters his neighbor is spreading a net under his feet.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: May 08, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »

Amen amen.

'Your name will be written in this Sacred Heart in indelible characters.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: May 08, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »

'Let us hasten with joy and trepidation to the noble contest and with no fear of our enemies. They are themselves unseen but they can look at the appearance of our soul. If they are really to see our spirits bowed down by fear, then indeed they will make a harsher sally against us, knowing how much we tremble. Let us courageously arm ourselves against them. No one goes to battle against a plucky fighter.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: May 09, 2015, 01:53:26 AM »

'It is characteristic of God and His angels to bring to the soul, when they occupy it, true happiness and spiritual joy; and to drive from it the sadness and trials which the enemy incites in it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: May 10, 2015, 01:53:40 AM »

'He who is not attracted by worldly things cherishes stillness. He who loves nothing merely human loves all men. And he who takes no offence at anyone either on account of their faults, or on account of his own suspicious thoughts, has knowledge of God and of things divine.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 12, 2015, 06:24:39 PM »

In The Book of Psalms, Psalm 23, Verse 3-4 state:   
             you restore my strength.     
             You guide me along the right path for the sake of your name.   
             Even when I walk through a dark valley,       
             I fear no harm for you are at my side;       
             Your rod and staff give me courage.   

sword fight sword fight sword fight sword fight sword fight sword fight sword fight
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: May 13, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »

A favorite psalm!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: May 13, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »

'What is meritorious is not that a man should be poor, but that, being poor, he should love poverty.'

St. Vincent Ferrer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: May 16, 2015, 07:07:48 PM »

'Blessed the one who has become fruitful in the Lord, that he may have the holy Angels as guardians, as a fruitful tree has its own husbandman as guardian.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: May 23, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »

'The divine Heart of Jesus must be so entirely substituted for our own, that He alone may live and act in us and for us; His Will must so annihilate ours that it may have absolute freedom to act without any resistance on our part; in fact, His affections, thoughts and desires must take the place of ours: thus He will love Himself with His own love in us and for us.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: May 26, 2015, 04:45:59 PM »

'As I looked, thrones were placed and one that was Ancient of Days took His seat; His raiment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool; His throne was like fiery flames, its wheels were like a burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came forth from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened.'

Daniel 7:9-10

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 29, 2015, 06:48:34 PM »

Good is the Lord to one who waits for him, to the soul that seeks him;     
              It is good to hope in silence for the saving help of the Lord.     

The Book of Lamentations: Chapter 3 Verse 25-26
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: May 31, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »

Amen.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 107 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: