Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 15, 2020, 11:45:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 107 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 409878 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: May 31, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »

'In vain will our sacred discourses strike the external ear, unless God by a spiritual gift opens the hearing of the interior man.'

St. Fulgentius of Ruspe

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 05, 2015, 12:54:07 AM »

" it is good to hope in silence for the saving help of The Lord"

Amen brother!

Let nothing disturb you
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: June 05, 2015, 01:05:24 PM »

'The whole life of religious Orders depends upon the preservation of their first spirit.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2015, 07:02:25 PM »

He made me a sharp-edged sword and concealed me in the shadow of his arm.           
             He made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me.     

The Book of Isaiah, Chapter 49 Verse 2
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: June 09, 2015, 02:03:06 AM »

'Who will give water to my head, and to mine eyes a fountain of tears? and I will weep day & night for the slain of the daughter of my people.'

Prophecy of Jeremie 9:1

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 09, 2015, 07:43:11 AM »

'We must keep the eye of faith fixed on Jesus Christ who climbs the hill of Calvary loaded with his Cross, and as he toils painfully up the steep slope of Golgotha we should see him followed by an immense throng of souls carrying their own crosses and treading the same path. Oh, what a beautiful sight this is. Let us fix our mental gaze firmly on it. We see close behind Jesus our most holy Mother, who follows him perfectly, loaded with her own cross. Then comes the Apostles, Martyrs, Doctors, Virgins and Confessors. . . Jesus himself, despite all our unworthiness, has associated us with this beautiful company. We must make every effort to merge ourselves increasingly in these ranks and hasten with them along the road to Calvary. We should look to the end of the journey and not separate ourselves from this fine company; we must refuse to follow any other way than the one they tread.'

St. Padre Pio

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: June 09, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »

A truly stirring quote!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2015, 09:23:43 PM »

'Say frequently and from your heart, "O holy will of God, I love thee; the food of my Jesus was to do the will of the eternal Father; it shall be my food also ever to do His will."'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #654 on: June 13, 2015, 11:25:51 PM »

'So great is the goodness of God in your regard, that when you ask through ignorance for that which is not beneficial, He does not grant your prayer in this matter, but gives you something better instead.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

How infinitely great is the goodness of God!  Cheesy

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 15, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »

Psalm 71, Verse 7 states:     
                       I have become a portent to many,   
                       but you are my strong refuge!
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: June 15, 2015, 07:48:12 PM »

A refuge!

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 18, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »

"If any dust of imperfection cling to your heart, be not troubled, but consume it immediately in the fire of divine love, and, sorrowfully asking forgiveness, continue to live in peace."

~ St. Paul of the Cross

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: June 22, 2015, 10:58:58 PM »

'We meet with contradictions everywhere. If only two persons are together they mutually afford each other opportunities of exercising patience, and even when one is alone there will still be a necessity for this virtue, so true it is that our miserable life is full of crosses.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2015, 03:50:31 AM »

'Be steadfast, Christian giver: give what you may receive, sow what you may reap, scatter what you may gather. Fear not to spend, sigh not over the doubtfulness of the gain. Your substance grows when it is wisely dispensed. Set your heart on the profits due to mercy, and traffic in eternal gains. Your Recompenser wishes you to be munificent, and He who gives that you may have, commands you to spend, saying, "Give, and it shall be given to you." You must thankfully embrace the conditions of this promise. For although you have nothing that you did not receive, yet you cannot fail to have what you give.'

Pope St. Leo the Great

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 25, 2015, 06:43:07 PM »

So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for his sake;   
                 but bear your share of hardship for the gospel with the strength that comes from God.     

The Second Letter to Timothy: Chapter 1, Verse 8
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: June 27, 2015, 04:18:18 AM »

'I saw the Son of Man, and he said to me, "Have no fear! I am the First and the Last. I was dead and now I am to live for ever and ever, and I hold the keys of death and of the underworld."'

Apocalypse 1:17-18

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #662 on: June 29, 2015, 12:52:37 AM »

'No more of the world, no more of the world.'

St. Camillus de Lellis

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 107 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: