Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700923 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »

I think this quote can be a good reminder throughout one's life.

Good evening George! 

flower

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2013, 09:27:31 PM »

I know, I was reading it last night after I signed off from here and thought about it all day today, so much wisdom in the saints.

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32:56 PM »

Thankfulness for it!

I am early to bed tonight I think. Though how long I'll sleep I don't know.

God keep you George! And yours!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 07:08:18 AM »

"We put our hope in the Lord
 He is our protector and our help.
We are glad because of Him.
 We trust in His holy Name.   
May your constant love be with us, Lord.
 as we put our hope in You."

Psalm 33: 20-22

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 02:40:29 PM »

Anxiety arises from an unregulated desire to be delivered from any pressing evil, or to obtain some hoped for good. Nevertheless, nothing tends so greatly to enhance the one or retard the other as over-eagerness and anxiety. Birds that are captured in nets and snares become inextricably entangled therein, because they flutter and struggle so much. Therefore, whensoever you urgently desire to be delivered from any evil, or to attain some good thing, strive above all else to keep a calm, restful spirit, steady your judgement and will, and then go quietly and easily after your object, taking all fitting means to attain thereto. By easily I do not mean carelessly, but without eagerness, disquietude or anxiety; otherwise, so far from bringing about what you wish, you will hinder it, and add more and more to your perplexities.
St. Francis de Sales

What offends Jesus, what wounds Him to the Heart, is want of confidence.

St. Therese of Lisieux

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2013, 11:46:59 PM »

It is good to think about our having our citizenship in heaven and the saints of heaven as our fellow citizens.....Then it is easier to bear the things that are on the earth.
St Benedicta (Edith Stein)

George ( Haji )
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2013, 12:36:01 AM »

This is the great work of man; always to take the blame for his own sins before God, and to expect temptation to his last breath.
St. Anthony the Great

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2013, 12:42:42 AM »

'When St. Aloysius Gonzaga was a student, he never sought to excuse himself when he was reproached with anything; he said what he thought, and troubled himself no further about what others might think; if he was wrong, he was wrong; if he was right, he said to himself, "I have certainly been wrong some other time." My children, the saints were so completely dead to themselves, that they cared very little whether others agreed with them.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Forgive me, but I think there is no labour greater than that of prayer to God. For every time a man wants to pray, his enemies, the demons, want to prevent him, for they know that it is only by turning him from prayer that they can hinder his journey. Whatever good work a man undertakes, if he perseveres in it, he will attain rest. But prayer is warfare to the last breath.'

St. Agathon

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2013, 12:51:37 AM »

'Forgive me, but I think there is no labour greater than that of prayer to God. For every time a man wants to pray, his enemies, the demons, want to prevent him, for they know that it is only by turning him from prayer that they can hinder his journey. Whatever good work a man undertakes, if he perseveres in it, he will attain rest. But prayer is warfare to the last breath.'

St. Agathon

This is truth.

George ( Haji )
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2013, 12:57:29 AM »

Woe to me if I should prove myself but a halfhearted soldier in the service of my thorn-crowned Captain.
St. Fidelis Sigmaringen

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2013, 01:34:19 AM »

May God help us to pray!  crucifix

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2013, 11:45:21 PM »

The strategy of our adversary can be compared to the tactics of a commander intent upon seizing and plundering a position he desires. The leader of an army will encamp, explore the fortifications and defenses of the fortress, and attack at the weakest point.
St. Ignatius Loyola

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2013, 11:49:55 PM »

And how many people do not even think they are at war at all. . .

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »

And how many people do not even think they are at war at all. . .

You know Shin honestly, I would say maybe everyone I know with a few exceptions, and that really worries me. I'm always fretting over the lackadaisical attitude people who's souls I pray for have about the nature of the battle were in and the deceptive power of the devil. It can be an extremely frustrating and lonely place to be.

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2013, 12:36:02 AM »

Don't give into frustration or loneliness my friend and brother!  for what it's worth, I find as a general rule they come from the devil.

Both are very self-destructive! They've done me plenty of damage in the past, so now I am far more careful of such feelings.

The more we become holy the more we will be able to help those we love. Cheesy

I am always availing myself too of the promises of God. Such as the prayers associated with the Green Scapular.

And I am very grateful for the good companionship here.

The more I read of the saints the more I learn, and try to gather together in a way that is more easily comprehensible. Once I know how to be more good the more I'll be able to help others to be so.

flower

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:54 AM »

Remember St. Francis de Sale's quote on frustration?  Cheesy

We must trust in the Providence of God!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: