Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700637 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: May 13, 2015, 06:42:34 PM »

'What is meritorious is not that a man should be poor, but that, being poor, he should love poverty.'

St. Vincent Ferrer

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: May 16, 2015, 08:07:48 PM »

'Blessed the one who has become fruitful in the Lord, that he may have the holy Angels as guardians, as a fruitful tree has its own husbandman as guardian.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: May 23, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »

'The divine Heart of Jesus must be so entirely substituted for our own, that He alone may live and act in us and for us; His Will must so annihilate ours that it may have absolute freedom to act without any resistance on our part; in fact, His affections, thoughts and desires must take the place of ours: thus He will love Himself with His own love in us and for us.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: May 26, 2015, 05:45:59 PM »

'As I looked, thrones were placed and one that was Ancient of Days took His seat; His raiment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool; His throne was like fiery flames, its wheels were like a burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came forth from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened.'

Daniel 7:9-10

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 29, 2015, 07:48:34 PM »

Good is the Lord to one who waits for him, to the soul that seeks him;     
              It is good to hope in silence for the saving help of the Lord.     

The Book of Lamentations: Chapter 3 Verse 25-26
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: May 31, 2015, 03:35:03 PM »

Amen.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: May 31, 2015, 03:35:12 PM »

'In vain will our sacred discourses strike the external ear, unless God by a spiritual gift opens the hearing of the interior man.'

St. Fulgentius of Ruspe

whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 05, 2015, 01:54:07 AM »

" it is good to hope in silence for the saving help of The Lord"

Amen brother!

Let nothing disturb you
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: June 05, 2015, 02:05:24 PM »

'The whole life of religious Orders depends upon the preservation of their first spirit.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2015, 08:02:25 PM »

He made me a sharp-edged sword and concealed me in the shadow of his arm.           
             He made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me.     

The Book of Isaiah, Chapter 49 Verse 2
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: June 09, 2015, 03:03:06 AM »

'Who will give water to my head, and to mine eyes a fountain of tears? and I will weep day & night for the slain of the daughter of my people.'

Prophecy of Jeremie 9:1

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 09, 2015, 08:43:11 AM »

'We must keep the eye of faith fixed on Jesus Christ who climbs the hill of Calvary loaded with his Cross, and as he toils painfully up the steep slope of Golgotha we should see him followed by an immense throng of souls carrying their own crosses and treading the same path. Oh, what a beautiful sight this is. Let us fix our mental gaze firmly on it. We see close behind Jesus our most holy Mother, who follows him perfectly, loaded with her own cross. Then comes the Apostles, Martyrs, Doctors, Virgins and Confessors. . . Jesus himself, despite all our unworthiness, has associated us with this beautiful company. We must make every effort to merge ourselves increasingly in these ranks and hasten with them along the road to Calvary. We should look to the end of the journey and not separate ourselves from this fine company; we must refuse to follow any other way than the one they tread.'

St. Padre Pio

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: June 09, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »

A truly stirring quote!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »

'Say frequently and from your heart, "O holy will of God, I love thee; the food of my Jesus was to do the will of the eternal Father; it shall be my food also ever to do His will."'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #654 on: June 14, 2015, 12:25:51 AM »

'So great is the goodness of God in your regard, that when you ask through ignorance for that which is not beneficial, He does not grant your prayer in this matter, but gives you something better instead.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

How infinitely great is the goodness of God!  Cheesy

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 15, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »

Psalm 71, Verse 7 states:     
                       I have become a portent to many,   
                       but you are my strong refuge!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: