Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700990 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1088 on: January 28, 2017, 04:28:24 AM »

'Woe to you that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as the rope of a cart.

Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. Woe to you that are wise in your own eyes, and prudent in your own conceits.'

Isaiah 5:18,20-21

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1089 on: January 29, 2017, 12:29:04 PM »

'And by this we know that we have known him, if we keep his commandments. He who saith that he knoweth him, and keepeth not his commandments: is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

But he that keepeth his word, in him in very deed the charity of God is perfected; and by this we know that we are in him.'

1 John 2:3-5

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1090 on: January 30, 2017, 02:48:14 AM »

'In reading of Jesus Christ, I observed that He was always very mortified and modest in his glances. The evangelists are always careful to note the number of times He lifted up his eyes, as if it were something most unusual.'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1091 on: January 31, 2017, 04:10:16 AM »

'I feel so utterly possessed by my divine and loving Master, that I am powerless to have recourse to anyone else in my wants or difficulties, be they great or small. . . When I feel my strength failing, I call on Him for help, saying: "Thou art my strength and support!".'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1092 on: February 01, 2017, 03:07:30 AM »

'Love Him with all your strength, think always of Him, let Him do with you, in you and for you, whatever He wills, and do not be anxious about anything else.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1093 on: February 02, 2017, 05:46:10 AM »

'Beauty of conduct consists in becoming behavior towards others, according to their gender and person. . .'

St. Ambrose of Milan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1094 on: February 03, 2017, 02:56:34 AM »

'Nourish your soul with sacred readings;'

St. Cyril of Jerusalem

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1095 on: February 04, 2017, 02:30:48 AM »

'My son, keep the precepts of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. Bind them in thy heart continually, and put them about thy throat. When thou shalt walk, let them go with thee: when thou shalt sleep, let them keep thee, and awaking, talk with them. Because the commandment is a lamp, and the law a light, and the way of life the reproofs of discipline.'

Proverbs 6:20-23

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1096 on: February 05, 2017, 03:08:29 AM »

'The perfection of a Christian consists in knowing how to mortify himself for the love of Christ.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1097 on: February 06, 2017, 05:19:04 AM »

'Such is the compassion, such the love which Mary bears us, that she is never tired of praying for us.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1098 on: February 07, 2017, 07:02:58 AM »

The soul that truly loves God loves all good, seeks all good, protects all good, praises all good, joins itself to good men, helps and defends them, and embraces all the virtues: it loves only what is true and worth loving. Do you think it possible that one who truly loves God cares, or can care, for vanities, or riches, or worldly things, or pleasures or honors? Neither can such a soul quarrel or feel envy, for it aims at nothing save pleasing its Beloved.

St. Teresa of Avila

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1099 on: February 08, 2017, 08:42:24 PM »

'If you have loved virginity, you will be favored by the Lord in all things.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1100 on: February 09, 2017, 09:26:56 AM »

'God sends us trials and afflictions to exercise us in patience and teach us sympathy with the sorrows of others.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1101 on: February 11, 2017, 11:39:37 PM »

'The soul will not desire to be separated from the body unless it becomes indifferent to the very air it breathes. All the bodily senses are opposed to faith, for they are concerned with the objects of this present world, while faith is concerned only with the blessings of the life to come. Thus one pursuing the spiritual way should never be too greatly preoccupied with beautifully branched or shady trees, pleasantly flowing springs, flowery meadows, fine houses or even visits to his family; neither should he recall any public honors that he happens to have been given. He should gratefully be content with bare necessities, regarding this present life as a road passing through an alien land, barren of all worldly attractions. For it is only by concentrating our mind in this way that we can keep to the road that leads back to eternity.'

St. Diadochos of Photiki

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1102 on: February 13, 2017, 04:08:29 AM »

'We may have a confident hope of our salvation when we apply ourselves to relieve the souls in Purgatory, so afflicted and so dear to God.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1103 on: February 14, 2017, 05:02:06 AM »

'Now although man is created for the possession of happiness, yet, having deviated from his true end, his nature has become deformed and is entirely repugnant to true beatitude. And on this account we are forced to submit to God this depraved nature of ours which fills our understanding with so many occupations, and causes us to deviate from the true path, in order that he may entirely consume it until nothing remains there but himself; otherwise the soul could never attain stability nor repose, for she was created for no other end.'

St. Catherine of Genoa

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: