Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 23, 2017, 07:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 98824 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1125 on: March 13, 2017, 05:25:44 AM »

'He who labors as he prays lifts his heart to God with his hands.'

St. Benedict

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1126 on: March 14, 2017, 05:24:48 AM »

'To labor, to suffer, to be silent, to complain not, to bear no resentment - these are the maxims of the saints, the maxims of a high perfection.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1127 on: March 15, 2017, 07:19:08 AM »

'Be still and know that I AM.'

Psalm 45:10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1128 on: March 16, 2017, 05:10:23 AM »

'. . . we should not embark on the ascetic life in the hope of seeing visions clothed with form or shape; for if we do, Satan will find it easy to lead our soul astray. Our one purpose must be to reach the point when we perceive the love of God fully and consciously in our heart - that is, "with all your heart, and with all your soul . . . and with all your mind" (Luke 10:27). For the man who is energized by the grace of God to this point has already left this world, though still present in it.'

St. Diadochos of Photiki

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1129 on: March 17, 2017, 05:02:12 AM »

'O God, do not leave me. I have done nothing good in your sight, but according to your goodness, let me now make a beginning of good.'

St. Arsenius

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1130 on: March 20, 2017, 06:38:03 AM »

'Ever keep the fire of charity burning on the altar of your heart.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1131 on: March 21, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »

'To attain the knowledge of God is impossible for those who are still under the control of their passions. Therefore they cannot attain the salvation they hope for as they have not obtained any knowledge of God.

He who fails to attain this end is clearly subject to the charge of being ignorant of God, and ignorance of God is shown by a man's manner of life.'

St. Clement of Alexandria

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: