Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705328 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1152 on: April 21, 2017, 11:52:30 PM »

'Unless a man acquires, through the grace of Christ, knowledge of the truth and fear of God, he is gravely wounded not only by the passions but also by the things that happen to him.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1153 on: April 23, 2017, 05:15:10 PM »

'As a man lives, so shall he die.'

St. Augustine

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1154 on: April 27, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »

'He is ungrateful beyond all expression, and in heart altogether wrong, who, in the face of God's benefits which cost Him so much does not offer himself, and does not see the obligation he is under to devote himself entirely to the honor and glory of our Lord and Saviour.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1155 on: April 28, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »

'He who has come to know the truth does not oppose the afflictions that befall him, for he knows that they lead him to the fear of God.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1156 on: April 30, 2017, 01:09:27 AM »

'The soul is a seed which God sows in the field of the Church; to produce fruits, it must die under the strokes of pains, sorrows, contradictions, and persecutions.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1157 on: May 02, 2017, 06:01:57 AM »

'A man deadened by the passions is impervious to advice and will not accept any spiritual correction.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1158 on: May 03, 2017, 04:56:50 AM »

'Here is the difference between a pious and a frivolous man: the first abstains from pleasure, and is overwhelmed with spiritual consolations; the other gives himself up to the pleasures of the senses, and suffers in his innermost heart.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1159 on: May 06, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »

'My heart breaks when I think of the sorrows of the most holy Virgin.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1160 on: May 07, 2017, 10:37:52 AM »

'He who is not attracted by worldly things cherishes stillness. He who loves nothing merely human loves all men. And he who takes no offence at anyone either on account of their faults, or on account of his own suspicious thoughts, has knowledge of God and of things divine.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1161 on: May 09, 2017, 03:10:03 AM »

'Men may deprive me of property and honour; sickness may take away my strength and other means of serving You; I may even lose Your grace by sin; but never, never will I lose my hope in Thee. I will cherish it unto that dreadful moment when all hell will be unchained to snatch my soul away. "No one hath hoped in the Lord and hath been confounded." (Eccles. ii. 11).'

St. Claude de la Colombiere

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1162 on: May 11, 2017, 03:27:31 AM »

'The intellect becomes a stranger to the things of this world when its attachment to the senses has been completely sundered.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1163 on: May 13, 2017, 02:14:18 AM »

'It is an act as rare as it is precious, to transact business with many people, without ever forgetting God or oneself.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1164 on: May 16, 2017, 01:54:42 AM »

'Every day read a pious book, and avoid bad company as you would Satan. Obey with the greatest exactitude. Obedience is a celestial pearl. Jesus Himself, through obedience, laid down His most holy life on the hard wood of the cross. Charitably compassionate the poor. Be just to all. Humble yourself before everybody, for the love of God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 16, 2017, 02:39:44 AM »

Amen!

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1166 on: May 18, 2017, 05:36:13 AM »

Amen! Nothing like a good book! Cheesy

'He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name. Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.'

John 1:10-13

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1167 on: May 20, 2017, 02:57:52 AM »

'Remain firmly attached to the traditional doctrine that you have been taught, so that you can preach according to right doctrine and refute those who contradict it.'

St. Jerome

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: