Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:46:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700867 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1184 on: June 23, 2017, 02:56:11 AM »

'Take this to heart: Owe no man anything. So shalt thou secure a peaceful sleep, an easy conscience, a life without inquietude, and a death without alarm.'

Ven. Louis de Granada

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1185 on: June 27, 2017, 01:07:08 AM »

'So live, therefore, that you may not fear the end of life.'

St. Honoratus of Arles

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1186 on: June 27, 2017, 07:28:26 PM »

'Obscure though faith be, it is the infallible guide of holy love. Oh, what delight my heart experiences in this certainty!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1187 on: July 04, 2017, 02:11:28 AM »

'Have confidence in our Lord with all thy heart, and lean not upon thine own prudence. In all thy ways think on him, and he will direct thy steps'

Proverbs 3:5-6

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1188 on: July 06, 2017, 04:08:42 AM »

'We must accept our own death and that of our relations when God shall send it to us, and not desire it at any other time; for it is sometimes necessary that it should happen at that particular moment for the good of our own and their souls.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1189 on: July 07, 2017, 07:57:10 PM »

'He who communicates most frequently will be freest from sin, and will make farthest progress in Divine Love.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1190 on: July 09, 2017, 03:07:42 AM »

'My trials are great! However, "although God should kill me, I will trust in Him." (Job xiii. 15.) What ought a poor shipwrecked person do when in the midst of furious billows and on the point of being engulfed? I have no other resource left but to turn my eyes to the Lord.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1191 on: July 10, 2017, 02:35:55 AM »

'True Christian prudence makes us submit our intellect to the maxims of the Gospel without fear of being deceived. It teaches us to judge things as Jesus Christ judged them, and to speak and act as He did.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1192 on: July 11, 2017, 03:33:42 AM »

'Let us despise gold, silver, jewels, and all that the blind and cheated world vainly and ignorantly prizes.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1193 on: July 13, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »

'I am so happy to have no other tokens of affection or consolation from creatures than crosses and humiliations, and never had I more of them. I write these few lines to you by the way, to invite you to give thanks to the Sacred Heart for me.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1194 on: July 17, 2017, 01:37:00 AM »

'Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfullness.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1195 on: July 20, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »

'Should God accomplish anything great through our mediation, it should still make us count ourselves as nothing, and not cause us to take the glory to ourselves, for it does not belong to the instrument, which is often of little worth, but is due entirely to the hand which directs it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1196 on: July 23, 2017, 03:54:28 AM »

'We ought to make no account of abstinences and fasts, when there is self-will in the matter.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1197 on: July 25, 2017, 04:43:07 AM »

'Let us think, if we only got to heaven, what a sweet and easy thing it will be there to be always saying with the angels and the saints, Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1198 on: July 28, 2017, 01:33:04 AM »

'No one can serve God perfectly who does not try energetically to break the bonds of the world and rise above all earthly cares.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: July 29, 2017, 02:22:57 AM »

'True humility consists in being content with all that God is pleased to ordain for us, believing ourselves unworthy to be called His servants.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: