Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2017, 03:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 152661 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1190 on: July 09, 2017, 02:07:42 AM »

'My trials are great! However, "although God should kill me, I will trust in Him." (Job xiii. 15.) What ought a poor shipwrecked person do when in the midst of furious billows and on the point of being engulfed? I have no other resource left but to turn my eyes to the Lord.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1191 on: July 10, 2017, 01:35:55 AM »

'True Christian prudence makes us submit our intellect to the maxims of the Gospel without fear of being deceived. It teaches us to judge things as Jesus Christ judged them, and to speak and act as He did.'

St. Vincent de Paul

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1192 on: July 11, 2017, 02:33:42 AM »

'Let us despise gold, silver, jewels, and all that the blind and cheated world vainly and ignorantly prizes.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1193 on: July 13, 2017, 01:34:40 PM »

'I am so happy to have no other tokens of affection or consolation from creatures than crosses and humiliations, and never had I more of them. I write these few lines to you by the way, to invite you to give thanks to the Sacred Heart for me.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1194 on: July 17, 2017, 12:37:00 AM »

'Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfullness.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1195 on: July 20, 2017, 06:25:26 AM »

'Should God accomplish anything great through our mediation, it should still make us count ourselves as nothing, and not cause us to take the glory to ourselves, for it does not belong to the instrument, which is often of little worth, but is due entirely to the hand which directs it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1196 on: July 23, 2017, 02:54:28 AM »

'We ought to make no account of abstinences and fasts, when there is self-will in the matter.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1197 on: July 25, 2017, 03:43:07 AM »

'Let us think, if we only got to heaven, what a sweet and easy thing it will be there to be always saying with the angels and the saints, Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1198 on: July 28, 2017, 12:33:04 AM »

'No one can serve God perfectly who does not try energetically to break the bonds of the world and rise above all earthly cares.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: July 29, 2017, 01:22:57 AM »

'True humility consists in being content with all that God is pleased to ordain for us, believing ourselves unworthy to be called His servants.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1200 on: July 30, 2017, 03:22:11 AM »

'You shall do nothing merely for the sake of doing it; but shall perform everything in the most perfect manner, imitating Christ as much as is in you power, and as if the affair of your salvation and divine glory depended upon the perfection of each individual action.'

St. Alphonsus Rodriguez

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1201 on: August 02, 2017, 12:08:50 AM »

'Take advantage of little sufferings even more than of great ones. God considers not so much what we suffer as how we suffer. . . Turn everything to profit as the grocer does in his shop.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1202 on: August 04, 2017, 06:41:04 AM »

'Oh, sweet and true knowledge, which dost carry with thee the knife of hate, and dost stretch out the hand of holy desire, to draw forth and kill with this hate the worm of self-love -- a worm that spoils and gnaws the root of our tree so that it cannot bear any fruit of life, but dries up, and its verdure lasts not! For if a man loves himself, perverse pride, head and source of every ill, lives in him, whatever his rank may be, prelate or subject. If he is lover of himself alone -- that is, if he loves himself for his own sake and not for God -- he cannot do other than ill, and all virtue is dead in him.'

St. Catherine of Siena, 'Letter to Pope Gregory XI'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1203 on: August 06, 2017, 07:15:58 PM »

'O Ye virgins, I have but a word to say to you. If you look to married life in this life, guard your first love jealously for your husband. It seems to me a miserable fraud to give a husband a worn-out heart, whose love has been frittered away and despoiled of its first bloom instead of a true, whole-hearted love. But if you are happily called to be the chaste and holy bride of spiritual nuptials, and purpose to live a life of virginity, then in Christ's Name I bid you keep all your purest, most sensitive love for your Heavenly Bridegroom, Who, being Very Purity Himself, has a special love for purity; Him to Whom the first-fruits of all good things are due, above all those of love.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1204 on: August 07, 2017, 12:14:36 AM »

'If you are faithful to do the Will of God in time, yours shall be accomplished throughout eternity.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1205 on: August 11, 2017, 12:40:11 AM »

'Sufferings are the pearls of Jesus crucified.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1206 on: August 13, 2017, 01:31:02 AM »

'I fear and tremble, all the while that I long to fulfill your expectations, lest I should prove to be an unworthy panegyrist. For there is in me neither sanctity nor eloquence, worthily to praise the Blessed and glorious Virgin. . . Although none can be found who is worthy to praise her, yet let not even the sinner desist from glorifying her with all his might.'

St. Jerome

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: