Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 706305 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1232 on: October 02, 2017, 01:57:13 AM »

'We do not always rejoice in consolations; but all is for our good, whether God gives or denies it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1233 on: October 03, 2017, 03:13:48 AM »

'I cannot but admire the goodness and liberality of the Sacred Heart towards you. Our Lord seems to take pleasure in unfolding all Its treasures for your benefit.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1234 on: October 05, 2017, 03:25:17 AM »

'We should not fear much the insults of this life, which are confined to words; were they all united they could not hurt a hair of our head.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1235 on: October 06, 2017, 01:22:18 AM »

'In order to restore in the world the reign of Jesus Christ, nothing is as necessary as the holiness of the clergy.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1236 on: October 10, 2017, 04:41:53 AM »

'This I say, because God showed me somewhat of his truth, in order that I might know what man is without him; that is, when the soul is found in mortal sin, at that time, it is so monstrous and horrible to behold, that it is impossible to imagine anything equally so.'

St. Catherine of Genoa

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1237 on: October 16, 2017, 10:05:29 AM »

'What is done in accordance with God's will is the best of all things even if it seems to be bad. What is done contrary to God's will and decree is the worst and most unlawful of all things-even if men judge that it is very good. Suppose someone slays another in accordance with God's will. This slaying is better than any loving-kindness. Let someone spare another and show him great love and kindness against God's decree. To spare the other's life would be more unholy than any slaying. For it is God's will and not the nature of things that makes the same actions good or bad.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1238 on: October 18, 2017, 09:22:29 AM »

'The vigor with which you resist the enemy will be the measure of the reward which will follow the combat.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1239 on: October 19, 2017, 02:07:19 AM »

'He who conceals his hypocrisy beneath feigned love blesses with his mouth but curses inwardly.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1240 on: October 22, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »

'The best of attitudes is humility.
The best of occupations, work.
The best of sentiments, pity.
The best of cares, justice.
The best of pains, that which a man takes to make peace between two enemies.
The best of sorrows, sorrow for sin.
The best of chararacters, generosity.

St. Cadoc

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1241 on: October 23, 2017, 01:11:56 AM »

'So then, I am speaking to you who live in the habit of mortal sin, in hatred, in the mire of the vice of impurity, and who are getting closer to hell each day. Stop, and turn around; it is Jesus who calls you and who, with His wounds, as with so many eloquent voices, cries to you, "My son, if you are damned, you have only yourself to blame: 'Thy damnation comes from thee.' Lift up your eyes and see all the graces with which I have enriched you to insure your eternal salvation."'

St. Leonard of Port Maurice

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1242 on: October 24, 2017, 02:29:50 AM »

'Like the sun which shines on all alike, vainglory beams on every occupation. What I mean is this. I fast, and turn vainglorious. I stop fasting so that I will draw no attention to myself, and I become vainglorious over my prudence. I dress well or badly, and am vainglorious in either case. I talk or I hold my peace, and each time I am defeated. No matter how I shed this prickly thing, a spike remains to stand up against me.'

St. John Climacus

samiiali1

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 25, 2017, 03:10:11 AM »

This is the perfect place.  Thanks for the great info

*Link Removed*
 *Link Removed*
 *Link Removed*
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1244 on: October 26, 2017, 01:14:25 AM »

'Let us charge into the good fight with joy and love without being afraid of our enemies. Though unseen themselves, they can look at the face of our soul, and if they see it altered by fear, they take up arms against us all the more fiercely. For the cunning creatures have observed that we are scared. So let us take up arms against them courageously. No one will fight with a resolute fighter.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1245 on: October 29, 2017, 04:32:50 AM »

'Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists.'

Pope St. Pius X, 'Our Apostolic Mandate'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1246 on: October 30, 2017, 04:12:13 AM »

'The Lord has said: "But I say unto you, you shall not lust." How then can he live according to God's will who surrenders himself to every desire?'

St. Clement of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1247 on: November 01, 2017, 04:20:32 AM »

'Let us think, if we only got to heaven, what a sweet and easy thing it will be there to be always saying with the angels and the saints, Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: