Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2017, 11:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 193193 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1258 on: November 20, 2017, 07:48:52 AM »

'Guard yourself from hatred and dissipation, and you will not be impeded at the time of prayer.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1259 on: November 23, 2017, 12:55:56 AM »

'If no poor could be found in the world, men ought to go in search of them, and dig them up from underground to do them good, and to be merciful to them.'

St. Camillus de Lellis

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1260 on: November 27, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »

'The person who listens to Christ fills himself with light; and if he imitates Christ, he reclaims himself.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1261 on: November 30, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »

'Dearly beloved, if our heart do not reprehend us, we have confidence towards God: And whatsoever we shall ask, we shall receive of him: because we keep his commandments, and do those things which are pleasing in his sight.'

1 John 3:21

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1262 on: December 02, 2017, 04:56:37 AM »

'During life despise that which will avail you nothing at the hour of death.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1263 on: December 06, 2017, 12:34:46 AM »

'Love Him with all your strength, think always of Him, let Him do with you, in you and for you, whatever He wills, and do not be anxious about anything else.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1264 on: December 08, 2017, 02:06:10 AM »

'I am surprised that after telling me in your first letter that you will stay where you are as long as I wish and that you are leaving yourself entirely in my hands to do with you all that I wish (the best frame of mind you could have), you would write me quite the opposite five days later. You must have a very changeable mind. Because this is a temptation, you must try to recognize it and to humble yourself for such weakness. Let your knowledge of it make you resolve never to follow your mind's whims. This is extremely important for you.'

St. Jean Baptiste de la Salle

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1265 on: Yesterday at 07:25:49 PM »

'Mary sacrificed all to God; she needed Him alone. From this day forward, I shall follow her example: the Lord alone will be my portion. Why have I come here if not to love Our Lord with all my heart. As proof of my love for him, I must suffer and generously sacrifice everything to him, as Mary did. Courage, my soul, through prayer we can do all that is asked of us. The heart of Jesus is there: let us knock.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: