Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 07:03:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 210796 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1275 on: December 31, 2017, 04:58:40 AM »

'In temptations of the flesh, a Christian ought to have immediate recourse to God, make the sign of the cross over his heart three times, and say, "Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me."'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1276 on: January 01, 2018, 07:25:41 AM »

'The man freed from his passions has been granted God's grace, and if: he has been found worthy of spiritual knowledge he has received great mercy.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1277 on: January 03, 2018, 07:51:14 AM »

'Nothing helps a man more than prayer.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1278 on: January 06, 2018, 01:27:25 AM »

'Everything we say or do without prayer afterwards turns out to be unreliable or harmful, and so shows us up without our realizing it.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1279 on: January 07, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »

'Weeping is the way that Scripture and our Fathers have handed on to us.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1280 on: January 09, 2018, 06:46:02 PM »

'. . . God deigned that we have freedom to do good and evil, we are obligated by debt of justice to do good, and we cannot do it without divine grace. Whoever thinks that he can by himself accomplish something besides fault and defect is really lacking any sort of intellect.'

St. Catherine of Bologna

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1281 on: January 11, 2018, 05:54:02 AM »

'There are three things which produce love of material wealth: self-indulgence, self-esteem and lack of faith. Lack of faith is more dangerous than the other two.

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1282 on: Yesterday at 12:05:01 AM »

'God judges our intention, but in that which is within our power He, in man-befriending wise, also requires us to act. Great is he who leaves undone nothing that is within his power; but greater is he who humbly attempts what is beyond his power.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1283 on: Today at 12:23:31 AM »

'The slothful man saith: There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the midst of the streets.'

Proverbs 22:13

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: