Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:59:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700895 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1296 on: February 07, 2018, 04:55:06 PM »

'If the criminal will not keep his gains for ever and his victim will not always suffer want, "surely man passes like a shadow and troubles himself in vain" (Ps. 39:6. LXX).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1297 on: February 08, 2018, 07:59:39 AM »

'Alas! how vile the earth appears to me, when I contemplate Heaven! '

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1298 on: February 10, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »

'The truly monk-like intellect is one that has renounced the senses and cannot stand even the thought of sensual pleasure.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1299 on: February 12, 2018, 06:53:29 AM »

'If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all.'

St. Peter Canisius

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1300 on: February 15, 2018, 02:01:45 AM »

'A sacrament is so termed because it contains something sacred.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1301 on: February 16, 2018, 02:01:04 AM »

'Take in one hand a sponge saturated with water, and in the other a stone. Press them equally; nothing will come out of the stone, but out of the sponge you will force water in abundance. The sponge is the soul, filled with the Holy Ghost; the stone is the heart, cold and flinty, where the Holy Ghost dwelleth not.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: February 17, 2018, 02:11:02 AM »

'For God is not unjust, that he should forget your work, and the love which you have shewn in his name, you who have ministered, and do minister to the saints.'

Hebrews 6:10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1303 on: February 18, 2018, 02:44:24 AM »

'The mouth of a humble man speaks the truth; but he who speaks against the truth is like the servant who struck the Lord on the face. (cf. Mark 14:65)'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1304 on: February 19, 2018, 04:10:54 AM »

'I was born poor; I lived poor; I wish to die poor.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1305 on: February 21, 2018, 05:23:32 AM »

'Whether we think, speak or act in a good or an evil manner depends upon whether we cleave inwardly to virtue or to vice.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1306 on: February 23, 2018, 02:12:28 AM »

'Do not listen gleefully to gossip at your neighbor's expense or chatter to a person who likes finding fault. Otherwise you will fall away from divine love and find yourself cut off from eternal life.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1307 on: February 23, 2018, 02:22:32 AM »

'A son of God is a person who through wisdom, power and righteousness has become like God.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1308 on: February 24, 2018, 05:10:05 AM »

'Among the different means that we have of pleasing God in all that we do, one of the most efficacious is to perform each of our actions as though it were to be the last of our life.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1309 on: February 25, 2018, 04:10:04 AM »

'If we do not feel within us a perfect patience, we have more reason to pity the grossness of our nature for being neither mortified nor dead to the things of this world, as we should be, than to blame those who load us with insults and ignominy.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1310 on: February 26, 2018, 02:19:39 PM »

'The Creator of Angels is not said to have been clad in purple, but to have been wrapped in rags. Let worldly pride blush at the resplendent humility of the Saviour.'

St. Peter Damian

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 26, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »

In The Book of Proverbs, Chapter 16 Verse 15 states:   
                 In the light of the king's countenance is life, and his favor is like a rain cloud in spring.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: