Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2018, 06:01:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 288635 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1343 on: April 27, 2018, 01:17:27 AM »

'Do not cling or cleave to earthly things; keep your heart aloof from them as much as you can. Let there be no human respect where the glory of God is concerned.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1344 on: April 30, 2018, 04:31:48 AM »

'Blessed the one who has not been worsted by the passion of despondency like a coward, but has found perfect endurance, by which all the Saints received their crowns.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1345 on: May 01, 2018, 04:13:49 AM »

'If you follow neither rule nor measure, you turn the good into evil, virtue into vice.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1346 on: May 06, 2018, 09:21:09 AM »

'Our Lord frequently told me that I should keep a secluded place for Him in my heart. . . where He would teach me to love Him.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1347 on: May 07, 2018, 08:26:02 PM »

'I am not to be pitied; I am happy as I am.'

St. Lydwine of Schiedam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1348 on: May 09, 2018, 05:42:45 AM »

'The love of Christ arouses us, urges us to run, and to fly lifted on the wings of holy zeal . . . The man who burns with the fire of divine love is a son of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and wherever he goes, he enkindles that flame; he desires and works with all his strength to inflame all men with the fire of God's love. Nothing deters him: he rejoices in poverty; he labors strenuously; he welcomes hardships; he laughs off false accusations; he rejoices in anguish. He thinks only of how he might follow Jesus Christ and imitate Him by his prayers, his labors, his sufferings, and by caring always and only for the glory of God and the salvation of souls.'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1349 on: May 13, 2018, 02:43:22 AM »

'He who would become a great saint must labor that God alone may live in him. He will have attained this end when he performs all his actions for the love of God, in union with those of Christ, Who is our way, our truth, and our life. The heart of the true servant of God ought to be an altar whereon is daily offered the gold of charity, the incense of continual and humble prayer, and the myrrh of incessant mortification.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1350 on: May 15, 2018, 12:41:12 AM »

'I say, God loves His creature with a perfection that cannot be understood, nor could it be even by an angelic intellect which would fail to comprehend even its slightest spark.'

St. Catherine of Genoa

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1351 on: May 17, 2018, 10:23:01 PM »

'One must wage war against his predominant passion and not retreat until, with God's help, he has been victorious.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1352 on: May 19, 2018, 06:31:27 AM »

'In order to make good use of time we must love ardently and constantly; we must surrender ourselves entirely to love, leaving it to act for us. Be satisfied to adhere to it in everything, but always with profound humility.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1353 on: May 21, 2018, 12:38:17 AM »

'Be faithful to correspond with the wonderful graces which you have received from Our Lord; they are a preparation for greater graces and more sublime lights, which will cause you to love God more, to acquire more solid virtue, and to practise it in a more heroic degree.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1354 on: May 22, 2018, 12:34:46 AM »

'Enclose your senses in the citadel of stillness so that they do not involve the intellect in their desires.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1355 on: May 25, 2018, 03:43:35 AM »

'The Church is the entrance to life; all others are thieves and robbers. On this account we are bound to avoid them. . . We hear it declared of the unbelieving and the blinded of this world that they shall not inherit the world of life which is to come. . . Resist them in defense of the only true and life giving faith, which the Church has received from the Apostles and imparted to her sons.'

St. Irenaeus of Lyons

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1356 on: May 31, 2018, 07:09:06 AM »

'In the face of the never-ceasing snares of the enemy, it is necessary to have each day a fixed hour for review, to enter into one's self and consider carefully, in presence of God, all one's thoughts, words, and actions.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1357 on: June 03, 2018, 01:22:46 AM »

'Behold the wound in My Side where thou art to make thy dwelling now and forever. There wilt thou be able to preserve the robe of innocence with which I have clothed thy soul, so that thou mayest henceforth live the life of a Man-God, living as no longer living, that I may live perfectly in thee. . . To do this, if thou dost not wish to outrage My omnipotence and grievously offend Me, thy powers and senses must remain buried in Me. . . seeking nothing apart from Me, since I wish to be all things to thee.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1358 on: June 07, 2018, 07:17:26 AM »

'If only a child profits by my teachings, my trouble and my time will seem to me well spent.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1359 on: June 08, 2018, 02:36:34 AM »

Let us also love our neighbors as ourselves. Let us have charity and humility. Let us give alms because these cleanse our souls from the stains of sin. Men lose all the material things they leave behind them in this world, but they carry with them the reward of their charity and the alms they give. For these they will receive from the Lord the reward and recompense they deserve.'

St. Francis of Assisi

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: