Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2018, 12:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 256224 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1360 on: June 09, 2018, 04:48:25 AM »

'The devil, who is a most haughty spirit, is never more completely mastered than by humility of heart, and a simple, clear, undisguised manifestation of our sins and temptations to our confessor.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1361 on: June 12, 2018, 04:47:42 AM »

'If God wishes to despoil us, let us allow Him to do so. Let us not neglect the practice of virtues, let us not neglect the holy presence of God, let us not neglect the remembrance of the Passion of our dear Jesus; but in meditation we must follow His inspirations, not our own impulses. There are some rules, but God is the Master.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1362 on: June 13, 2018, 05:06:43 AM »

'Provided that humility and sweetness are not lacking in you, the goodness of God will not fail to help you to fulfil, not only without repugnance, but even with joy, whatever promises you have made Him.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1363 on: June 14, 2018, 06:38:51 AM »

'God is supreme strength, fortifying those who place their trust and confidence in Him.'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1364 on: June 16, 2018, 06:31:05 AM »

'Nor do I seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand. For this too I believe, that unless I first believe, I shall not understand.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: